“Friendly and Reasonable”

Ranked #7 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Jeannie's end of Cottage Street is a short distance from the bustle of Main & West Streets and the restaurant has a lot more space and seating than many of the places in the more touristy side of town. That translates to a less likely need to wait for a table and more breathing space when you do sit down. The waitress who served us was warm and friendly, gave us tips on what combinations to order for the best deal, and remained attentive while we ate. The breakfast menu is traditional and the prices quite reasonable. Kids' drawings adorn the walls and this and the pricing make it very child friendly. This is the kind of place I like for breakfast while on vacation: food that's hearty and well prepared, a nice atmosphere, quick and friendly service, and plenty of coffee. How can you go wrong?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The pancakes were so good we went back a second time before leaving the area. The portion was huge so it was more than enough for my son who is a teenager. The different omelettes we had were also delicious. We would highly recommend this place if pancakes are one of your favorites.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We loved it so much we ate there for breakfast two days in a row. I loved the blueberry pancakes, my daughter loved the strawberry-rhubarb jam so much she bought a jar and my husband loved everything on his plate.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The restaurant is very busy but the wait is worthwhile. The service very good and I highly recommend the blueberry pancakes! They are huge and delicious. As other reviewers have said, you do have to pay a bit extra for real maple syrup but I love it so much I am willing to do so as I love it! My friend had eggs which were cooked perfectly despite their being so busy. The coffee was good too and they serve their homemade strawberry-rhubarb jam at every table which is WONDERFUL! You can buy it to take with you too. I bough a couple of jars but the seal was not right and they leaked in my suitcase while driving around Maine and Vermont. But I contacted them and the are sending me new jars. So good customer service too.
I would go again for a great pancake breakfast.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Food and service was good on the busy morning we went. My only negative was that they charged $3 for pure maple syrup where other places we went didn't.