Highbrook Motel is a very nice, clean and friendly place to stay. It is not expensive, nothing fancy, but exactly what we needed. We had a good AARP rate at $79 a night at a time when most other places we contacted were asking at least $50 more a night than that (for the same size room). We had a "mini suite" that had an authentic "retro" sitting area (meaning original furniture from the late 60's or 70's) and eating area, a refrigerator, microwave and a king-size bed. The room was immaculate. The office staff were very friendly and helpful. It is an "old fashioned" motel, one where you actually park your car directly outside your motel room in an assigned space. It has two sections, one on the main road, and one behind that, which is a quieter with little traffic. We stayed at the quieter section. It is also extremely convenient to the downtown area and the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highbrook Motel rests on a 3 acre hillside, 1 mile from Downtown Bar Harbor. We are 1 mile from Acadia National Park. You can catch a free seasonal shuttle to town from the motel between 7am-10pm. All rooms are smoke-free and feature A/C, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. All rooms have refrigerators and we offer complimentary coffee and tea all day. Our "Grab & Go" continental breakfast is also available each morning from 7am-10am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Highbrook Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highbrook Hotel Bar Harbor
- Highbrook Motel Bar Harbor, Maine