We would stay here again. Thebeds are likely from the same era as the decor, but staff is friendly and rooms are well taken care of and spotless. Ladies, bring your own shampoo and conditioner, I usually travel light and use whatever is in the hotel, but the Finese shampoo/conditioner in one is pushing it. It's made in the USA so thats a plus.
It's close proximity and v convenient to an entrance to Acadia. And the Island Explorer stops every 15 min in the front - which I highly recommend taking into town, finding parking in Bar Harbor is not an easy task. It's just under a mile walk back to the motel if you dont catch the last bus out, there is a path along the highway. We would likely stay here again, depending on the rates. I thought $150 was a bit steep for the accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highbrook Motel rests on a 3 acre hillside, 1 mile from Downtown Bar Harbor. We are 1 mile from Acadia National Park. You can catch a free seasonal shuttle to town from the motel between 7am-10pm. All rooms are smoke-free and feature A/C, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. All rooms have refrigerators and we offer complimentary coffee and tea all day. Our "Grab & Go" continental breakfast is also available each morning from 7am-10am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Highbrook Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highbrook Hotel Bar Harbor
- Highbrook Motel Bar Harbor, Maine