“Great property in Bar Harbor”
Review of Highbrook Motel

Highbrook Motel
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from a New England vacation. Highbrook Motel was probably the best place we stayed--super clean, comfortable, great location...all at a reasonable price. Everyone in the front office and the ladies who cleaned the rooms were super friendly and helpful, making our stay in Room #23 very pleasant.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My G/F and I stayed there the week of the 4th of July..had a wonderful stay, bought a package thru them which included 2 dinners up to 50$ each, an airplane ride to see the lighthouses, and a 3 night stay...all at a wonderful price. Adam does a great job soliciting businesses and restaurants in the area to combine these deals....and each voucher we used they had nothing but praise for Adam! The room was spotless! flat screen tv,and quite frankly an outstanding maid staff to keep the rooms looking just like when u check in every day,and a very nice continental brkfst every morning! The shuttle service to & from downtown is wonderful also, will definately be back and would Highly recommend the Highbrook Motel to anyone looking to stay and have a wonderful vacation in Bar Harbor! Cant wait to be back next year! Kudos to the Bowden family and all at the Highbrook Motel!!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We enjoyed a lovely stay at Highbrook Motel. It is located near Bar Harbor with easy access to the free bus that can take you to the village. We also were able to park in front of our room, so we had easy coming and going. The king size bed room was clean,comfortable, and quiet. Even though we had to change our arrival date twice, we were accommodated in a friendly way. I also learned that personal service was given to our children, who had arranged a special surprise for us, by the office staff. Thank you for that! We would definitely stay again, if we are in the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our room was spacious and clean. I love that the hotel is so close to the downtown area of Bar Harbor. The young man that checked us in was so nice and helpful!!! I would definately stay here again!!

Room Tip: We were in the second building and it was very quiet.
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I visited Bar Harbor for our second wedding anniversary. We chose the Highbrook for the price--but want to go back next year for the atmosphere. This is our new favorite hotel. I don't remember ever staying in a hotel this clean. There was plenty of space, even in the smallest room. We had a flat-screen TV, a porch with two porch chairs, a small fridge, and a window looking into the woods. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. After staying in lots of chain hotels, we were so pleased with the care the owners obviously invest in running this wonderful place.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I selected the Highbrook Motel for my recent vacation stop based on Tripadvisor recommendations. I was travelling solo and visiting Mount Desert Island to hike in Acadia National Park. To be honest, I am old enough to recall motels as the only option for road travelers and not all of those experiences were great. This place is family run, clean as a whistle and delightful!

I stayed in room #14, up the hill from the main building. My Deluxe King had a nice flat screen TV that I never turned on...but at least it was there if I wanted to. More importantly, the room was fresh and spotless and very comfortable. I was reminded of the convenience of being able to park at my front door. At the ability to open the windows and screen door to enjoy fresh air, though there was an air conditioner. And in my case, take a hot shower after a day in the woods and enjoy a local ale (which I had stocked in the room's mini-fridge) while sitting on the porch in front of my room.

Like most things in life though, it really comes down to people, and in this case the place is family-owned and operated with pride. You can chat with a member of the family while helping yourself to a bagel or oatmeal along with fresh coffee each morning. They are knowledgeable and willing to share information about the local area which is a wonderful resource for travelers.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my deluxe room just up the hill from the main building which was quiet and somewhat seclud...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mrktwise
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Family run, old style motor inn with a great location right across from College of the Atlantic. I only stayed one night, but it was very enjoyable!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family