“Decent food right at the harbor”
Review of Fish House Grill

Fish House Grill
Ranked #44 of 144 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Seagrill & Oyster Bar overlooking the Harbor The only thing better than the food is the view!!
“Decent food right at the harbor”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The guys at Aquaterra Adventures recommended this place. It's at the harbor (right downstairs from Aquaterra) just as you get off the tenders for cruise ships, where you can pick up whale watching tours, etc. We had the fish tacos and the lobster quesadilla. Both were very good and reasonably priced. The food was good enough that we came back after our kayaking trip to get the blueberry crisp with vanilla ice cream. The desserts ended up costing almost as much as our lunch but were really good. Bathrooms were not clean--opt to use the public restrooms in the harbor building that are right around the corner instead. Servers were friendly and the outdoor seating welcomes dogs.

• Visited October 2013

Connecticut
“What You'd Expect”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I had a late lunch at Fish House Grill on a Sunday afternoon. It’s right on the Bar Harbor pier with views of the harbor, with seating inside and out. The special by the door got our attention: 5 lobster claws, red potatoes, corn on the cob, under $20. The lobster was good, plenty of it for the price, the potatoes drowned in butter (no complaints here), and the corn tasty though a bit overcooked. Service was satisfactory though gruff. I can imagine things get intolerably busy in this restaurant given its proximity to the pier, the harbor tours, cruise ship boats, etc. so a wait staff mentality of “Head ‘em up, move ‘em out!” would be hard to avoid. No one murdered a pigeon while we were there, yet my wife and I both exclaimed when we saw how fat the birds were waddling around outside on the deck. (Before judging the staff there too harshly, allowing pigeons the run of a restaurant would not appeal to me or, I expect, the local health inspector.) The TV behind the bar had the Patriots game tuned in, so I left my wife to her lobster claws to dart around the corner to get the score whenever the bar patrons cheered or groaned. In the end it was all groans though—but the food was good, the price was right, and the atmosphere what you might expect for a place called Fish House Grill located on a pier.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good Food!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Had the fish tacos, and my husband had the bacon wrapped scallops, both dishes were very good. Finished my meal off with a piece of blueberry pie...it was delicious!

Norfolk, Virginia
“Great Maine Crab Cakes”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My Lady ordered a piña colada … large, but not very good. She also ordered Maine crab cakes … and shared with me. To me, the crab cakes were the best tasting that I’ve had in quite some time … great! . I ordered a platter from the raw bar the consisted of stone crab claws , shrimp cocktail, lobster claws, clams and oysters. Let’s just say that I wouldn’t order this dish again. The clam chowder was very good and probably the best I had in Maine.

The atmosphere for outdoor dining was very relaxed, and the service was above average. This is one of those places that, overall, is above average … but not quite ‘very good’. My Lady says … 4 …. so, in this case, that’s what it is. By the way, I wouldn’t hesitate to return.

• Visited September 2013
Morris, MN, USA
“Great location, food and service OK, prices are high”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Fish House Grill to be on the harbor at Bar Harbor. The view is nice if the weather is good enough to be seated outdoors. We ordered the lobster bisque and it was very good. We did feel that the pricing was high for a menu and food that was just good but not great.

Visited October 2013