“Eh”
Review of Holland Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Holland Inn
Ranked #7 of 30 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
“Eh”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The owner was friendly and informative but far too flaky and disorganized for my taste. She didn't get around to charging my credit card until months after our stay, and forgot to mention a tax increase that went into effect the day we arrived. There are a number of fabulous B&Bs in Bar Harbor. We won't be staying at Holland Inn again.

2 Thank erinv18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Flushing, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed there for 8 glorious nights in August. The Holland Inn has one of the best locations in Bar harbor. It is off the beaten track, but close enough to everything by car or foot. Our room was perfect. We had stayed in the main house, where we just walked down one flight of stairs every morning to have a complete, well balanced breakfast every day. It was like we were @ home. Evin, the innkeeper always made the most wonderful breakfast meals ever. She is also extremely knowledgeable about the entire Mount Desert Island, not just Bar Harbor. She could just about plan your entire day for you. Evin always has the correct & proper answer to any question that you could pose to her. She is a great treasure to have around the Inn. When we come to Bar Harbor, we will always stay @ the Holland Inn. I must add this little FYI. There is only one B & B that serves dinner, it is right down Cottage Street. I have to mention this 'cause "The Black Friar Inn" had one of the best dinners of our 8 night stay. Well worth it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our room was clean and there was a flat wood piece of furniture we thought was for our luggage. We walked to town and when we came back there was a nasty note telling us that this was her cherished furniture and that we should NEVER put our luggage on it! Someone had moved our luggage to the bed. Our question???Why was anyone in our room while we were gone? To us, her breakfast was way to fancy and while we were eating, she came in and began a talk all about the area, which was nice, but she never shut up. She talked way too much and didn't stop talking till breakfast was over. The location was great, but we wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank CEFinn24
Innkeeper37, Owner at Holland Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello, I am so sorry your stay wasn't as you expected. I vaguely remember, perhaps you put it on the trunk which was being used as a coffee table. Anyway, I would always be the one responsible for leaving a note of that sort, and I certainly hope I would never make it sound nasty as you explained. I am sorry about that. I would usually put it on a luggage rack if I needed to take it off of the furniture. I am guessing your room was having housekeeping while you were gone, as that is the only reason we would have been in there. Once again, I am so sorry that Holland Inn did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your taking the time to write this review.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I booked an autumn visit to Bar Harbor in 2013 and stayed at Holland Inn. Our room was nice, clean and updated, the food FABULOUS and the innkeeper was a wonderful resource of information - where to eat, what to see, what to do. Within walking distance of downtown, we appreciated not having to take our car out to get dinner in the evening. I highly recommend Holland Inn.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We loved the room and location of the Holland Inn. The breakfasts were fabulous. We could easily walk downtown and got lots of good tips about sight seeing. The room was very comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Ramat Yishay, Israel
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Holland Inn for 2 nights in mid Oct. 13. The Inn and the Inn keeper were wonderful. Our room was on the first floor of the Inn, and it was clean, roomy and comfortable.The inn keeper provided the very good breakfasts with very useful help and advice on things to do and activities on Mt. Desert Island. We would highly recommend the Holland Inn.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were up for a weekend wedding, and extended our stay with the Holland Inn. Our room was pleasant, but next time i will reserve a room with a porch or balcony, as the outdoors is spectacular to enjoy a sunset.

Room Tip: Pick one with access to the outside!