“great entertainment in Bar Harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ImprovAcadia

ImprovAcadia
Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Bar Harbor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer fully improvised comedy shows six to seven nights a week during the season. We feature a cast of professional improvisers from Chicago and Maine. See the performers create a hilarious show using only your suggestions and their quick wits! Call to get show times and to make a reservation. Full bar, light snacks and desserts available. First show of every night is family friendly. Under 21 must be accompanied by an adult.
Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great entertainment in Bar Harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

I went several times during my trip to Bar Harbor, and enjoyed each performance. I had never seen live improv before, and was amazed at the fast pace, and even faster thinking going on! the bartender improvised some drinks for us, which was fun, and the show was laugh-out-loud funny. A good time was had by all!

1 Thank FPDoc

The heartland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Laughed breathless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

We were referred to ImprovAcadia by some of our friends in the Bar Harbor area. I almost did not survive the experience - I have rarely enjoyed a comedy performance so much. They took one of our suggestions for a "game" & ran with it - I laughed so hard I cried, then I ran out breath & still could not stop laughing. The cast was as talented as any I've seen on stage (been to a bunch of Chicago Improv) or on TV, & they gave a spectacular performance. It was a great value at the price, & it put a fun spin on our evening. We'll go back to see them next time we vacation in beautiful Bar Harbor.

2 Thank AntonOmaha
Illinois
“Laugh out Loud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2007

Amidst the natural beauty of the Acadia National Forest, I was expecting typical tourist fare. Much to my pleasant surprise, we discovered Improvacadia and were treated to a much more urban pleasure. My family ended up attending several shows, , and I can confirm that each show was unique and derived from the particular energy and crowd that night. While all were good, some nights were fall down, cheeks hurting funny. The actors clearly each had their own strengths and they worked well to compliment and play to their fellow's abilities. The small stage setting really exposed the actors and they were more than up to the task. Great fun, great contrast and compliment to an outdoors-y vacation.

1 Thank Negoba
St Louis, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sizzling improv in Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2007

ImprovAcadia was a wonderful surprise -- again. I had seen a couple of performances in '05 and they were entertaining and well done. The shows I saw this yerar were even better -- fast-paced, professionaly presented and really funny. I have seen multiple shows at top improv clubs in Chi and this one definitely measures up. My 5 and 7 year old granddaughters are still doing the "owners manual" bit at dinner -- making up their own dialog and insisting that the adults participate. It's great that the early shows are family friendly and appropriate for children while the later shows cater well to adult tastes. I recommend ImprovAcadia to anyone looking for a real value in entertainment while in BH.

JDS St Louis, MO

1 Thank Shep45
Denville, New Jersey
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Entertaining, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2007

I've seen a number of improv performances, and this one really did not measure up. This is not to say it was terrible. It wasn't. It was mildly entertaining and offered a few laughs. However, the three performers we saw just weren't all that clever or amusing. If you've never seen improv, you'll probably get a kick out of it. However, if you've seen top-of-the-line improv before, this will probably disappoint you.

2 Thank unicorn3