“great convenient place”

Stewman's Downtown Lobster Pound
Ranked #29 of 143 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“great convenient place”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

we came in late and hungry and they did not disappoint. Good menu and drinks, great atmosphere on the harbor, very casual

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Lobster house”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We ate on the deck overlooking the harbor. Great views. Staff was very friendly. Its an outdoor lobster house so it is very typical of that. Food was good. Menu is large (more than just seafood). Drinks are good. It was far from the best meal I had in Bar Harbor but if you want to sit outside in a fun atmosphere with good drinks and ok food - this is the place. We were told we would have trouble getting in. We went on a Sunday afternoon in August at 12:30 with 2 cruise ships in harbor. Waiting about 3 min for a table.

Hudson, New Hampshire
“Dinner at Stewman's Downtown August 24, 2014”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I seleced Stewman's based on their menu and I had the ability to sit outside on the dock and watch the sun go down. Stewman's will not take phone reservations but I didn't have to wait for a table. I sat on the upper of two docks going out over the water. Rob, my server, was very friendly and attentive. I was suprised they only had six beers on tap but a large selection of bottled. I tried the Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale. It was very good. Stewman's featured a "Downeast Lobster Experience". For the value for dollar, I ordered that. The starter was a cup of clam chowder. For me, most clam chowders are the same but it was certainly good. The entre came in a hot pot and was a generous serving of local mussles, a whole lobster, boiled baby red bliss potatos and a half ear of corn on the cob. The mussles were tender and tasty. This was a new shell lobster, so it came apart fairly easy with little mess. The meat was very tender and full of flavor. The potatos and corn were prefectly cooked. Included in the meal was a desert of local blueberry pie with whipped cream. The meal was very good. Service was fast and friently. Presentation was both impressive and efficiant. This was very good and (considering it included chowder and desert) generous value for the dollar. I would eat there again for certain. It was nice for my last night in town to sit on the dock and enjoy a pleasant dinner. As an aside, I was on a Bar Harbor Whale Watch boat earlier in the day. With my ticket stub from there, Stewman's (located next door) would give you 10% off the price of the entre. That was extra value, but did not influence my decision to eat there (it was however a nice bonus). There are two Stewman's. Eden Street and on the warf at the end of West St by the harbor.

1 Thank CaptSteve42
Canada
“Perfect little spot right on the water!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was a terrific place to stop and get lunch! The patio is large and has a lot of seating, and it overlooks the water! We got seated very quickly and the staff were super friendly. We ordered a lobster roll and a crab roll, both came with a gigantic mound of fries. The food tasted great and it was exactly what we were looking for! Go check it out, you won't be disappointed! We would definitely return!

• Visited July 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Yummy Lobster”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Amazing Lobster, Great view, Fab cocktails. Best afternoon i have had for ages, just a chilling lunch, Our waiter was James he was so great at helping us with what to order. I don't like taking lobster out of the shell, but i love to eat it, so he got the kitchen to do that for me,,,,Lazy Lobster