“This has become our regular "go-to" spot in Bar Harbor”

Stewman's Downtown Lobster Pound
Ranked #27 of 146 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Palm Beach, Florida
“This has become our regular "go-to" spot in Bar Harbor”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We probably went to Stewman's twice a week for a month while in Bar Harbor this summer. It is always good, service is always friendly and it's a place you can take kids, older people, etc. and everyone finds something on the menu they like! Atmosphere is what you want in BH - on the water with a nice breeze and pleasant surroundings. Also, in an area where you'd think clam chowder would be perfected by just about every restaurant around, I can attest to the fact that I have had some of the worst clam chowder ever in many BH area restaurants. Stewman's not only gets it right, it is exceptional. I would go to Stewman's even if they posted a sign saying they were out of everything but clam chowder. It's that good!

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
“Delicious Lobster meal”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Stewman' s lobster pound will make you smile. Our waiter was attentive and the wait for our table was maybe 5 minutes. We enjoyed the lobster dinner and lobster roll. I loved the blueberry pie for dessert. Be sure to try the blueberry beer also. It is conveniently located next to the cruise ship tenders. Try it today!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Faryl H
Summit, New Jersey
“Great downtown location right on the harbor”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Food was good, not as authentic as some of the lobster pounds on route 3 but the location was great and dog friendly which was amazing ;)

Ft Lauderdale
“Early dinner”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My family and I had an early dinner at this well located restaurant downtown Bar Harbor, on the water..., we had our hopes up about the food here, but we were disappointed. My wife had the medium lobster and thought it was not too good. I had the shrimp, which was mostly fried batter. My daughter had the steak, which was not bad, I ate about half of it .... :-), The place is expensive, picnic type table seating and the food not very good....will not be coming back.

“Food not good”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I am giving it two stars because the waitress was nice. I had mussels and they were average. The lobster stew was terrible. It tasted like lobster with warm milk. The dish was not spiced or tasty. It was a total disappointment. The view was nice.