“Last meal in Bar Harbor”

Stewman's Downtown Lobster Pound
Ranked #51 of 151 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I went to Bar Harbor for our one year anniversary, and spent the whole week eating lobster. Every meal was delicious, but I'm not sure any of them could top our last meal at Stewman's. It was a perfectly sunny day so we ate out on the back patio, and had the quintessential Maine Lobster Dinner: clam chowder, mussels, LOBSTER, corn on the cob, potatoes and blueberry pie. Oh my goodness .... if I had to pick a last meal this could quite possibly be it.

Also, I can't say enough about how great the service was. I wish I hadn't waited so long to write this review so I could remember our waitresses name, but she was so friendly and helpful. She even cracked both mine and my husband's lobsters for us which was far and above our expectations.

This is a don't miss spot in Bar Harbor, and we'll definitely be back this June!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,104)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Of all the lobster we had on our visit to Bar Harbor this restaurant was the best. Not to sure about the presentation because it was served in a baking pan with mussels but the mussels were really good too. The service was great and we would definitely visit again. And the view is awesome too.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I were just finishing up our Bar Harbor tour and decided to have a snack and this place looked like a likely place for just that. We weren't wrong. The wait staff took us to the other side of the entrance which was more like a pier with tables and chairs but after we sat down we realized the view. It was probably the best along the shore. Anyway, we had some fantastic drinks along with the local fish, halibut. Something you don't get in South Texas and it was to die for. This is another "must go to" place. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I visited Stewman's in August 2013 and it a pretty cool place, nice locations, lots of seating options (inside, outside, partially inside/outside). Honestly I expected a little more from this place in terms of the menu based on the fun exterior and the dinner rooms. Don't get me wrong nothing was bad, I just thought it would be a little more unique. Although I personally did not have seafood, I can comment on it based on what the two other members of my party had to say, again good, but nothing special. One had the Downeast Lobster Experience, which is undeniably a lot of bang for your buck and I would recommend it if you are in a lobster and seafood mood, lots of items, I would describe it as almost like a seafood platter, with all the fixins. The other person got the crab cakes (an appetizer) plus a side salad, they commented that the remoulade on the cakes was kind of lacking something. As for me, I was not really in a seafood mood, but did get the lobster bisque as an appetizer and I have to say that I was a little disappointed because it seemed a little greasy to me. For the main course (as I mentioned not feeling like seafood) I decided to get the chicken cabana. Again, it was okay. Additionally in all honestly I did not really think that some of the prices matched the food or its presentation. I would not "avoid" this place, but I would consider my options a little more before settling.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

After having heavenly lobster and shrimp we ordered the mountain blueberry pie. No one in the family has ever forgotten it. It was the pie of the century. We got to enjoy this wonderful meal while looking at one of the most beautiful views on the earth. Wish I was there now.

1  Thank soveryclever