“It was so great!!!...where do we begin?!?....”

Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Maine
“It was so great!!!...where do we begin?!?....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

We just wanted to let you know what a wonderful time we had at the Moseley Cottage and Town Motel. Upon walking in the Victorian home we were in awe at the beautiful detail to architecture. The place was as stunning today as I can assume it was in its past. We stayed in room 3 and were delighted at how spacious it was. We loved the privated covered porch off our room as well as the fireplace that we used on one of the chillier nights we were there. Maid service was also very good in making our bed and supplying clean towels for our use every day.
The breakfasts were absolutely wonderful!! They made great eggs and awesome blueberry pancakes!!! as well as great chocolate chip cookies that were baked fresh each day and always available as you left the house on your daily excursions!!
The staff was very kind and courtious and answered any questions we had about places to eat in town or any general questions we had. We even found fresh flowers in our room for our anniversary !!! Thanks for that special touch! We truly felt at home.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone and am looking forward to staying there again!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Mount Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

We recently stayed at the Moseley Cottage as a group of 4 adults and a child. It was our first trip to Maine, so we mainly went off other's comments on Trip Advisor.

We had a room with 2 double beds and a cot and we still had plenty of space for all of our suitcases. Our room was on the corner of the 3rd floor and we had an amazing view with lots of sunshine in the morning. It was clean and had basic amenities, even a fridge and wireless. Sometimes we got wireless in our rooms, but when it didn't reach we could use it in the lounge. My only con of the room was the low flow shower head didn't have a lot of pressure (I can understand the need to conserve water in a B&B situation, just something to note).

The location of the cottage was great. Just off the main road so it was quiet, but right in the heart of everything in town. It's cozy, not stuffy which is exactly what we were looking for.

Breakfast was very good and served quickly. One of our days, it was fairly crowded, but we had enough room to fit everyone. There is a single-serve coffee pot (with coffee, tea and cocoa) so you could make your own drinks. While we were there they had fresh cookies in the afternoon- a nice touch. The lounge is a nice place to relax, as is the porch.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were knowledgeable and able to recommend places to eat and things to do.

We will happily stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Moseley Cottage this past weekend and had a fabulous stay!! We were greeted by Pam who gave us the run-down about the inn and the area including Acadia (with a detailed map) and had some wonderful recommendations for dinner. We stayed in the Sargent Room (second floor in the house/inn) and were more than pleasantly surprised with the room. It was much larger than I expected, had a fireplace, mini fridge, and a cozy porch with wicker furniture off the back of the house. Breakfast was delicious each morning of our stay (don't pass up the scones!!!) and was included in the price of the room. Be careful with the little table in the living room - the legs are hidden under the tablecloth and I ended up spilling our coffee when I sat down the first morning! Moseley is a short walk into town and is central to a number of nearby restaurants and shops. The house/inn itself is absolutely gorgeous! My husband and I were both highly impressed with house as it has been kept up so well - you almost wouldn't realize how old it is if you didn't already know! As others have said, there ARE fresh baked cookies set out each afternoon with coffee available all day long, which paired with the lit fireplaces made for a really nice touch especially during the chilly mid-May weekend we spent there.

We would definitely stay at the Moseley again in the future and already have a list of people we plan to recommend it to.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

Stayed at the Mosley Cottage May 7th-10th, and it was a wonderful experience. We stayed in the Jordan Pond room which had a fireplace and private porch. The bed was sooo comfortable- I haven't slept so well in a long time. There are lots of nice touches to this B&B. There is a coffee/tea maker right when you walk in the front door and there were fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. The breakfast was wonderful with lots of homemade baked goods-an amazing apple cake which Pam was kind enough to write out the recipe for :-) as well as delicious egg sandwiches and blueberry pancakes. It was quite and peaceful and we really enjoyed our stay and our trip to Bar Harbor. Can't wait to return!!!!

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at the Moseley Cottage a couple weeks before the start of peak season in Bar Harbor. We picked the Jordan Pond Room as it had a fireplace and private balcony. Overall, our stay was wonderful. The off-season rate we got was excellent for the room. The room was large (much larger than rooms we've had at other B&Bs) with a private bathroom and balcony (as mentioned before). The working fireplace was a great addition. The proprietors were very friendly and house was very clean and quiet. The prepared food was nothing fancy (pancakes, eggs, etc), but was good (my wife loved their homemade granola).

Also, the location was ideal. It was just a short walk to the center of town that made it very easy to pop in and out at our leisure. We would definitely stay at the Moseley Cottage again.

Coronado, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

I stayed here twice. Once I was in the town motel and once in the cottage inn. While both were great stays, let me address them separately.

The town motel is as the name implies a conventional motel experience. I can't say the room was anything special but it more than met my standards for comfort and cleanliness. The rate was a reasonable $68 off-season AAA rate. I chose to pay the $10 extra to have breakfast in the cottage and it was a worthwhile and hearty meal.

The cottage inn was among the best B&B experiences I've had. Though I stayed in the smallest single room (I was traveling alone) I still found it quite comfortable. This little room had an idiosyncrasy of having its bathroom and shower across the hall. Not a big deal but worth noting. Again, breakfast was fantastic and the fresh blueberry pancakes provided Maine authenticity. :-)

In both cases I found the host (Pam) and her staff to be delightfully kind and open. Your satisfaction was obviously a concern of theirs. They provided me with local insight, recommended places to visit (Jordan Pond!), loaned me books to peruse the history of Bar Harbor, and more. The living room was comfortable and the other guests were both interesting and friendly. The wireless Internet connection was excellent. The whole ambiance was a delight.

Oh, and did I mention the convenient location? It's just a short walk to the heart of Bar Harbor. Leave your car parked in the Moseley's lot and walk to the shops, the restaurants, and the waterfront area. It really is a good option for Bar Harbor.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
NYC Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

Pros: Easy to find, quick check-in, nice size king bedroom with a flat screen & couch, extremely comfortable bed
Cons: Being that we went before the season even started, the room was really cold from the lack of heat. However, the bed made up for it!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple