“Great Value in the Off Season!”

Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
New England
“Great Value in the Off Season!”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at the Moseley Cottage a couple weeks before the start of peak season in Bar Harbor. We picked the Jordan Pond Room as it had a fireplace and private balcony. Overall, our stay was wonderful. The off-season rate we got was excellent for the room. The room was large (much larger than rooms we've had at other B&Bs) with a private bathroom and balcony (as mentioned before). The working fireplace was a great addition. The proprietors were very friendly and house was very clean and quiet. The prepared food was nothing fancy (pancakes, eggs, etc), but was good (my wife loved their homemade granola).

Also, the location was ideal. It was just a short walk to the center of town that made it very easy to pop in and out at our leisure. We would definitely stay at the Moseley Cottage again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Coronado, California
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I stayed here twice. Once I was in the town motel and once in the cottage inn. While both were great stays, let me address them separately.

The town motel is as the name implies a conventional motel experience. I can't say the room was anything special but it more than met my standards for comfort and cleanliness. The rate was a reasonable $68 off-season AAA rate. I chose to pay the $10 extra to have breakfast in the cottage and it was a worthwhile and hearty meal.

The cottage inn was among the best B&B experiences I've had. Though I stayed in the smallest single room (I was traveling alone) I still found it quite comfortable. This little room had an idiosyncrasy of having its bathroom and shower across the hall. Not a big deal but worth noting. Again, breakfast was fantastic and the fresh blueberry pancakes provided Maine authenticity. :-)

In both cases I found the host (Pam) and her staff to be delightfully kind and open. Your satisfaction was obviously a concern of theirs. They provided me with local insight, recommended places to visit (Jordan Pond!), loaned me books to peruse the history of Bar Harbor, and more. The living room was comfortable and the other guests were both interesting and friendly. The wireless Internet connection was excellent. The whole ambiance was a delight.

Oh, and did I mention the convenient location? It's just a short walk to the heart of Bar Harbor. Leave your car parked in the Moseley's lot and walk to the shops, the restaurants, and the waterfront area. It really is a good option for Bar Harbor.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
NYC Area
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Pros: Easy to find, quick check-in, nice size king bedroom with a flat screen & couch, extremely comfortable bed
Cons: Being that we went before the season even started, the room was really cold from the lack of heat. However, the bed made up for it!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed October 30, 2008

We had the Jordan Pond room, which was a good size, with a balcony that would be nice in summer. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly, and they cooked a great breakfast, with choices of hot breakfast, and a really good granola.

The setting of the building was lovely in the fall, with all kinds of colours on the trees surrounding the hotel.

The only downside was the wireless - we had two laptops, and only one of them could get a signal. However, the lounge room downstairs is available until 9pm if you can't get a signal. The bathroom is also quite small compared to the size of the room, but overall we really enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — Lovely setting, great breakfast, comfortable room
  • Disliked — small shower
1 Thank satiated
Arizona
Reviewed October 29, 2008

My husband, son and I stayed at the Moseley Inn for two nights and it couldn't have been a better experience. The staff was exquisite, the food was the best food I ate over my entire week in New England, and the comfort of this Inn was delightful. The beds in our room made you never want to leave your room - they were so comfy cozy. We had a beautiful fireplace in our room and we had a private porch all to ourselves. The room was very spacious - biggest room I have ever stayed in at a Bed and Breakfast or a hotel. It was decorated with antique furniture. I must say I loved the ceilings in this room as well. Everything was so well decorated. If you stay you have to have the Belgian waffles with the maple syrup (although my husband would recommend the blueberry pancakes). This place is child friendly as well. The cost was definitely comparable to the quality of what we received. Over our week stay in New England we all agreed we loved the Moseley Inn the best.

• Liked — the spaciousness of the room and the comfort of the beds!
  • Disliked — the cold toilet seat!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Just returned home from a great stay! Breakfast was delicious with lots of options everyday. Staff were all extremely friendly and helpful with making restaurant and site-seeing recommendations. Prices were extremely reasonable especially considering we were walking distance to the shops and restaurants downtown Bar Harbor and a very short drive to Acadia National Park. The only reason we couldn't quite rate this as excellent is because, as with many older buildings, we could hear guests in another room. All-in-all, we'd highly recommend this B&B.

1 Thank jl_il_91
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Our stay at the Moseley Cottage Bed & Breakfast in Bar Harbor, Maine was a wonderful experience. Each morning, a friendly waitress took our order for a hot and yummy breakfast. Freshly baked cookies, a log in the fireplace and a neat, clean, cozy room awaited us each evening when we returned from our day's activities. Our room had a large walk-in closet (how great is that?), a large bathroom and plenty of room to stretch out. The B&B is located one block off of Main Street, making shopping, restaurants and the pier just a short walk. Our stay was very quiet and relaxing.

I feel very confident recommending Moseley B&B.