I read many glowing reviews about the B&B/Motel and I thought that for the money it was a great option for staying just off Main Street in Bar Harbor.
Its difficult to keep the reviews separate however because I believe the guest that stay in the main house have a much different experience than the guests that stay in the motel.
Nonetheless, our room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the Kuerig coffee maker in the room was a nice touch. I guess my favorite part of the room was just having the wicker chairs outside the door to sit in and watch the world go by in the mornings and evenings - although being off of main street, your view is primarily other houses.
Just a few feet away on the corner is sandwich place that sells soft serve ice cream, and of course the heart of Bar Harbor is just a couple of blocks away, so if you can live without a view of the water, or a pool - then this motel (or if you prefer the more expensive B&B section) would probably serve you well.
WiFi is good and TV has many channels -but you're in Bar Harbor and shouldn't care about those things.
One last thing - I wouldn't say the walls in the motel section are soundproof. If you particular about that sort of thing, you may not like it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a quiet side street in downtown Bar Harbor, the Moseley Cottage Inn & Town Motel have welcomed visitors for many years. Built in 1884, this charming Victorian bed and breakfast inn offers a private haven off the beaten path. The Victorian Inn maintains a sense of history with original fireplaces, private balconies, gleaming hardwood floors. The Inn rooms are tastefully decorated with antiques and updated fine linens, Turkish towels, Sterns and Foster Beds and WiFi throughout. A delicious full breakfast is included with the Inn. Motel guests are welcome for breakfast for an additional charge. WiFi, air conditioning, cable TV, mini frigs, hair dryers, self serve coffee/tea and afternoon cookies are some of the amenities to enjoy while your stay in the Inn and Motel. The In-Town Location and friendly local staff all make this a most memorable and wonderful experience for you and your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moseley Cottage Inn And Town Hotel Bar Harbor
- Moseley Cottage And Town Hotel
- Moseley Cottage Inn And Town Motel Bar Harbor, Maine