“Great place to enjoy a special meal or with special people.”

Reading Room Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 150 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Refined pleasures await you in the Reading Room Restaurant. You will enjoy a dining experience where the delicious cuisine and attentive service are surpassed only by the breathtaking ocean view. Our menu includes fresh seafood, choice cuts of meat, daily specials and memorable desserts. Come join us and the nightly live entertainment of grand piano music which provides the perfect ambiance to the fine dining experience. Dinner is served nightly and the dress code is informal.Please note that we are unable to guarantee window tables You can request a window and we will do our very best!
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Delicious lobster!!!!! That was our favorite. We also enjoyed the dessert menu. My favorite was cheesecake. The salad was very good also and had shrimp in it. Very filling. The staff was wonderful and we had a great view of the water and the boats coming in. Fabulous place to eat. Definitely recommend. Mid price range.

There are newer reviews for Reading Room Restaurant

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was our "dressed up" dinner for our trip. The food was good but I've had better for less. The views of the harbor are pretty and the atmosphere is very formal. The service was good and the piano playing was nice. I would not go back because this isn't really my cup of tea and the food was good but nothing to rave about, especially for the price.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I went to Bar Harbor for our anniversary. We had booked a package online that icluded dinner at the Reading Room. The Server immediately treated us like trash as soon as she saw we had a dinner voucher. The food was ok but this was the most embarassing dining experience in my entire life. I spoke to the dining room manager that evening and was supposed to be contacted by head dining manager. I was never contacted! Will tell everyone not to go there on a package trip unless you want to be treated like a low life in society!

4  Thank florence b
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very romantic, historic dining room, with a wonderful piano player. Unfortunately the food was bland, boring, and overpriced, and I at there several nights on a package. Staff was great though. Hopefully they'll get a better chef.

1  Thank mswsteve
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Elegant ambiance. Attentive service. Outstanding cuisine. It doesn't get any better than this, at least, not in my experience. We expect to return again and again.