“Wonderful Barbeque and a Microbrewery Tour Too!”

Atlantic Brewing Company
Ranked #28 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We had enjoyed several of the Atlantic Brewing Company ales at other restaurants in Bar Harbor, so wanted to check out the source. We had lunch at the Mainely Meat restaurant on the grounds and found it to be excellent. My wife had the pulled pork sandwich with potato salad. I couldn't resist the sampler platter, which came with potato salad, slaw and some of the best baked beans I've ever had. It had a quarter chicken, hot Italian sausage, ribs and pulled pork, all in generous portions. All were excellent, but I do agree with the reviewer on the Mainely Meat restaurant listing (there are two different listings for the restaurant) that the ribs were very liberally coated with hot spices. I like things hot, but there is no warning on the menu, so I bet many people find them a bit too hot. After lunch we enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about brewing from the excellent guide, who called himself "the assistant beer drinker-taste tester". We followed that up with tasting of eight ales and two soft drinks and, of course, purchased an ample supply of ales and the root beer to enjoy at home.

Reviewed August 29, 2009

The Atlantic brewing company. A fine Micro brewing co with great beers and soda. They offer an entaining tour with plenty of free samples of very fine beer and soda. We really enjoyed there Blueberry Ale and Island Ginger also there Blueberry soda. We had a great meal at there BBQ restaurant. My wife had the Pulled Pork & I had the Sampler. Some of the best BBQ we ever had with more than genorius portions.

Reviewed August 18, 2009

We visited the Brewery for the tour and tasting last year and decided to return this year for a couple of six-packs to go and lunch at Mainely Meat, the BBQ place outside. Both are worth your while. I personally like the Island Ginger beer (which has alcohol in it) and the Bar Harbor Ale. The Summer Ale, right now, is only available outside at the BBQ on tap. It's terrific. We had the sampler (too much food for me), but was a really nice taster plate of most of the places offerings. It's totally casual -- flip flops and shorts are appropriate -- and there are rolls of paper towels on the tables for dealing with the BBQ sauce. Nothing was too spicy -- so if you have southern roots, you'll need to add a little of the "orange" colored sauce that's on the tables. I'd definitely go back....great fun...but I'd just order the pulled pork sandwich, a double side of slaw (potato salad was very bland) but the beans are aces!!!

Reviewed October 13, 2008

we went here for the afternoon free tour of the brewery. I actually learned quite a bit about brewing beer. My husband is actually the beer drinker. But I did try all their beers and I must say, they were all very good. We didn't get a chance to try the barbeque, but it smelled delicious. Plus the tour guide for the brewery was quite entertaining.

Reviewed September 15, 2008

My wife and I had lunch here on Labor Day. Its located off the main road near where you enter the island. The pulled pork sandwiches were delicious. I had a vey nice summer ale and wife had their great home-made root beer.The restaurant is on a patio (some is covered) just outside the small brewery where the tours and free tastings are held. A fun lunch!