“A good reason to return to Bar Harbor”
Review of Burning Tree

Burning Tree
Ranked #46 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Loved this restaurant! My partner and I went with two friends who also love food, but have somewhat different tastes. We all had fish dishes. We were all delighted. Flavors complex, subtle and fragrant. Mine, the sole with braised radicchio sauce, was the best (I thought). Fresh local ingredients, many from the gardens surrounding the restaurant.

We eat in NYC, Philly, Providence, Boston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco a lot. Paris not enough. And other places in between sometimes. This restaurant would rank at the top in any of those places.

1  Thank prodman

Reviewed August 5, 2010

While vacationing in Bar Harbor, my husband and I went to the Burning Tree for our 11th anniversary dinner, on the recommendation of a local bartender. We loved it! The menu focuses on locally grown foods (most from the backyard garden) and fresh seafood. The combination of flavors and ingredients was so creative and delicious - both our selections were excellent and I wanted to try many more items. You should definitely call for reservations in advance - they have set seating times and it is a popular place. It's about a 10 minute drive out of Bar Harbor in Otter Creek - but it was very refreshing to get away from the touristy Bar Harbor scene, as fun as that was.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

I return annually on visit to the area. The fresh fish, creative dishes, and oustanding preparation make this my favorite. Leave the high prices and mediocre quality of downtown Bar Harbor for the supeior quality here,

Reviewed July 22, 2010

Not every restaurant is perfect all the time and I wish reviewers would eat more than once before hammering away....Notice how bad reviews always scream the loudest? Burning Tree is pretty hard to beat for my money. Low key and elegant with many delicious flavors. Any restaurant worth its salt will bend over backwards to set things right should a mistake get made. But you have to TELL THEM.....I've had dozens of meals there while camping nearby at Blackwoods. Always very nice and often exceptional. The one time that an appetizer fell short they more than made it up to me. THAT's a restaurant worth going back to.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

We've been going to Burning Tree since it opened almost 20 years ago. Never once have we had food less than superb. The dishes are not only absolutely delicious, the presentations are excellent. The menu tends to stay the same year after year with some specials every night. The vegetables are mostly grown by the owners.Most recently, I had my favorite dish there, scallop, lobster and shrimp mouse wrapped with steamed chard leaves, served with noodles and a very light lemon cream sauce. The smoked salmon first course (smoked in house) is terrific. Service by a mostly young staff is first rate in every way. Among the desserts there is a Persian vanilla ice cream that is unusual and very flavorful. My only complaint, and it is minor in light of everything else, is that tables are close and the noise level can be a bit high.