“Genuinely, delightfully novel food combos”
Review of Burning Tree

Burning Tree
Ranked #19 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Extensive menu focused on novel cominations of sea and land proteins and veggies and herbs grown at the restaurant. Use of sorrel as the dominant herb in a creamy seafood dish was a delight. Whiskey drink flavored with peat a first for me. Best fine dining restaurant on the island.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I visited with my mom in Aug. 2017. We both LOVED our meals! I ordered sole w/ the curry sauce and my mom ordered the monkfish and both came with beautiful sides and more than we could eat even after a busy day of hiking. The burrata and tomato appetizer was really to die for as well. The atmosphere was fun and cozy in a converted house and the drive from Bar Harbor was not bad at all. The wait staff was pleasant and professional and we were well taken care of.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Wow. There are some PICKY people reviewing! People were cackling? Seriously? How is the Burning Tree supposed to fix that. Yes people are loud. I hate it too, but it's a reflection on the patrons' lack of class, not the restaurant.
At any rate. Been coming to MDI for years and coming here for years. Hands down the best restaurant on the island. The food is innovative and, sorry folks, the portions are generous. I left stuffed because I made such a piggy of myself.
The crab appetizer special and the pate was wonderful this time -- the pate ALWAYS wonderful. The halibut and the sole were superb. Both were done perfectly. Timing of our waiter was impeccable. We will be back and back and back. Don't change!

4  Thank wandaMPa
Reviewed August 30, 2017

This restaurant came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. Ambiance is very cozy in a converted house. Great place for a date. All of our entrees were delicious and cooked perfectly. Definitely save room for dessert.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Once my favorite restaurant on the Island, Burning Tree has declined. When we arrived, there were not enough menus so we had to wait 8 minutes for them to arrive. The waitress twice spilled water on the table as she was pouring from a pitcher. The service was very slow. My halibut was over cooked.

3  Thank susan f