“Fresh, unique dishes!”

Ranked #44 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I went here recently. There are a lot of unique menu choices. However, there are very few entrees that are not fish/seafood-related. I don't like fish or seafood so I chose rabbit although I would have liked something else. The rice that came with one of our dishes was absolutely delicious. Dessert was yummy. It's awesome because the restaurant uses ingredients that they grow right there in their own garden. Very fresh! Our waiter was wonderful. Their Cosmo is original; they use crabapple instead of cranberry. Very tart! Our bill was about $100. Reservations are strongly recommended if not required as it's a popular spot.

2  Thank Liz-Karl

Reviewed September 15, 2013

How can a restaurant be better than you remember, even after several visits? This is how: smoked mussels in Harissa on lettuce, crispy kale with little neck clams, Japanese eggplant in pomegranate and yogurt sauce, bouillabaisse, and monkfish with their coconut rice and flavors. This meal was as amazing as it sounds. Add to that fantastic service (thanks Rowan!) and a classy but also casual vibe (thank you for letting us linger for a couple of hours!). Dessert just rounded everything out, with the lemon sorbet (my husband found it sublime) and the chocolate applesauce cake with Persian vanilla ice cream (one of Rowan's several spot on recommendations). We came back a few nights later for our last night in Acadia, and the meal was just as good. Highlights were the crab salad, cod with polenta cake, clams/chicken/chorizo dish, and the almond meal cake for dessert. Definitely still one of our favorite restaurants!

1  Thank Christine P
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Six college friends get together 3-4 times a year in various parts of the country, this time was Maine. Friendship, food and wine are our top priorities, and restaurants are carefully chosen well in advance. This was by far the best one on this trip. All the entres were delicious, interesting combinations of flavors and beautifully presented. We were seated immediately when we arrived and our server was knowledgable about the menu and helpful with our decisions. It was a perfect dining experience--thank you Burning Tree Restaurant!

1  Thank Sally Y
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I forget how good this place is! I live on the other side of the Island and other places are closer so I just don't go and when I finally think of it they are closed for the season. Well this year I went back to back and back to back It was wonderful both nights. Took my son for his birthday and took friends from NJ the next evening. Almost exclusively fish and vegetarian style and I won't get into specifics of just what we all had to eat other than to say my friends from NJ both had a Halibut dish that they absolutely raved about. Let me just say if you like very well prepared food no matter you choose from the menu this is the place to go.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We ate here twice, and wanted to make it three times, but they were booked up. Make reservations and enjoy. We loved the mussels appetizer, but really, everything was good. It is not cheap (although we had some not so memorable not fancy lobster dinners in Bar Harbor didn't cost any more), and more a special occasion place, but it was vacation and I believe that just having the mussels at Burning Tree is enough to make every day a special occasion.

Also a plus - it is opened at bit later than most places in the area (at least in the summer time).