“OVER THE TOP”

Ranked #45 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Every year 6 of us women go to Bar Harbor for a get away. We hike, bike, shop, eat and drink. We try new places to stay and eat and we've been doing this for 16 years. This year we tried the Burning Tree. Why didn't we go sooner?? This was the best place we've ever eaten. We went October 13th, 2012. It was their last night of the season, and their 25th anniversary so they had dressed up and were celebrating. There was free champaign and appetizers. The food we had was amazing, we couldn't stop talking about it all through dinner. The service was perfect!! Everyone was so friendly, patient, helpful and went above and beyond to make this a great experience. The price was fair and we got a lot for what we ordered...may I recommend the crab salad..omg. We all agreed this will be a regular each year. Why mess with perfection.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We've tried to dine here for several years. Reservations are needed, and they close after the Columbus day holiday. The best dinner we've ever had. Pricey, but worth the splurge. The food is delicious and creative, service was excellent. My boyfriend had the stuffed cabbage (Cabbage rolls with a garam masala and potato mash served with a tomato, coriander, and mint sauce, served withturnips and a cashew sauce). I had swordfish (Swordfish with blanched and toasted almonds, cilantro, preserved lemon, slow roasted tomatoes with hints of saffron, cumin and cinnamon.) Our fabulous dessert: Pie. Ginger and pineapple crumb crust, vanilla icecream, passionfruit dulce de leche sauce, topped with coconut and toasted pistachios. A wonderful drink:a combination of soft and hard cider, ginger beer and whisky.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had dinner with my husband & two friends a few evenings ago. We had a mussels appetizer as well as a crabmeat appetizer. Both were unusual and very nice. For my main course I had the rabbit and the 3 others had halibut. I loved my rabbit, it had a nice kick to it. The others loved their halibut. We ordered a peanut butter ice cream which is the only thing I did not like, it was very dry for ice cream. The other couple ordered a piece of cheescake which was very nicely made. The food was flavorfully prepared and I would certainly return if given the chance. The service was excelllent and left us wanting for nothing without being intrusive.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Food was outstanding as was the service! Our waitress, Chelsea, was attentive and professional. The atmosphere of the resturant was upscale funky-rustic, kind of hippy like. We just loved it.We started off with a drink and I had a pear salad with cheeze and pine nuts and my husband got a walnut salad. As our main meal I got Crab cakes and my husband got the special Monk fish that was lightly breaded on a bed of spaetzle. it had red cabbage in it. The flatbread was delicious as well. Cant wait to go back.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We like everything, Menu is very unique, service is always professional, and it is in the heart of Acadia.

First class all the way.