“Stage Coach Inn - Top Notch B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Coach Stop Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 30 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Canton, Mississippi
“Stage Coach Inn - Top Notch B & B”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our visit to Bar Harbor was made even better by staying at Stage Coach Inn!! This is my third trip to the area and absolutely the best. Deborah, the innkeeper, was so informative as to things going on in the area. When she realized I am a gardener, she suggested two gardens in the area that were open year round and another open for just the week-end. They were all wonderful! In addition, she told us about a cooking school featuring Maine foods. What a treat to learn how to cook a lobster!
My room was a small suite upstairs in the inn with a separate sitting area, bedroom, bath and foyer. The linens and towels were top notch, and the mattress was extra comfortable!! A wonderful retreat for some quiet time.
As if all this were not enough, Deborah is also an excellent chef. She prepared the breakfasts personally every morning - a three course feast - such a luxury. It would be difficult to say which was my favorite. She even incorporated a native Maine plant, fiddlehead, in a spring vegetable fritatta, similar to a quiche, one morning and used Maine blueberries in a wonderful lemon-blueberry muffin. There was even plenty for my hungry husband!
The entire experience start to finish was the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Cranford, New Jersey
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The room and breakfast are just more than you could ever ask for! The room is absolutely gorgeous, (so nice to have a romantic fireplace and a separate sitting room) and the food was absolutely delicious!! Deborah was great, and she took the time to give us a map of the area and to call in to see if we were able to get on the Whale Watching Tour that same day. You could definitely tell that her and her family really cared and wanted to make sure we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Even though it seems like the Inn is further away from Bar Harbor, it's actually just down the road from the entrance to Acadia National Park, and its actually a perfect distance (3 1/2 miles to downtown) - this way you don't hear any of the traffic or noise from downtown. This was our 2nd trip to Bar Harbor, and we plan on coming back for a 3rd trip - only this time we will definitely stay at Coach Stop Inn again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SuebeeHomer
Vestal, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to Maine to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in May, 2013. We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and wanted to give it a try. After doing some searching we decided to stay at the Coach Stop Inn in Bar Harbor and chose the Heritage Room; we were not disappointed. It is located right behind the main house and had a private entrance. The best feature of the room is the nice, covered porch which we enjoyed sitting on in the morning and evening.

Deborah made us feel very welcome, gave us some good tips on what to do while staying in the area, and made any reservations we needed. Each evening we looked forward to breakfast the next day because the food was so good! There were homemade treats, coffee and other hot or cold drinks available any time as well. Leon (the poodle) visited us daily so that I could get my dog fix.

Thank you, Deborah! Our first “B&B” stay was a success! We will definitely stay here if we ever travel to Bar Harbor again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janice R
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Coach stop inn for our vacation to Acadia in may 2013. The inn and the innkeeper Deborah were truly the best part of our vacation. She personally cooks breakfast every morning for the guests. The breakfast is different everyday and very well thought of. The food is delicious to the point that my husband and me looked forward to it every morning. The property is very quiet and conveniently located to the national park and the downtown area.It is the oldest inn in the region which only adds to its charm. All in all its a must stay for anyone going to Acadia or the bar harbor area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I booked into the Coach Stop Inn for our honeymoon late this April, and it was the best decision we could have made! Deborah and Kevin are the most hospitable people you could find, and made the entire trip special and wonderful! The breakfasts are to die for (especially the bourbon-caramel sauce french toast), and the Tavern room we stayed in was comfortable and had a fireplace we used every night. Not to mention, when we got in our room had flowers and champagne waiting. Deborah is just the best at making everything special, and recommending places to go around the island and in Bar Harbor. I can't imagine staying anywhere else!!! Because of Deborah and the Coach Stop Inn we had an absolutely perfect honeymoon that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

Room Tip: If you want a fireplace, the Tavern is the way to go, but the Abbe suite has a giant claw-foot batht...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in the Tavern Suite for 2 nights in October. This inn is out of town but close enough to go in for a meal. It is convenient for hiking in Acadia and very peaceful and quiet. You don't have the noise of Bar Harbor with the garbage trucks picking up the trash at 6AM! Deborah is a wonderful hostess. The breakfasts are incredible and the afternoon snacks are simply wonderful. The Tavern Suite was very comfortable, and there was a nice fireplace with log ready for your romantic fire. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to stay in the area. There are few rooms; so book early!!

Room Tip: I preferred the Tavern Suite since it is in the main house. The others are nice, but I preferred to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarkston, Michigan, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My now fiancee and I planned a trip to Acadia last August to explore the beauty of Down East, Maine. (However, I had ulterior motives) When deciding where to propose to my girlfriend, what could be more romantic than watching the first sunrise in the continental United Sates?? Deborah's help and hospitality made the trip that much better!

As far as accommodations go, we stayed in the Somes Sound room, which is located just behind the main house and is accessed through its own private entrance on a charming little deck with a bistro setup. The room was absolutely wonderful, providing some privacy while still feeling like you are welcome within the beautiful B&B. The breakfasts served in the main dining room were delicious and hearty enough to fuel us up for a little hiking in the near by park. They were so memorable, my finacee snagged the menu each morning to add to a scrapbook. The thing that sets the place apart by far is Deborah's attention to detail enthusiasm she has for running the business.

When I booked the room for my surprise proposal, I included the details of my rough plan. Deborah responded by immediately asking if there was anything she could do to help. I suggested some roses and champagne to celebrate at breakfast. Well, as they say, "the best laid plans....", so the night of our check in I called ahead of time to say we'd be taking longer than expected to make our way up the coast, and oh, the planned on morning proposal was being moved up a day (due to a very foggy morning forecast) She supported the changing plans beautifully and I could not think of a more perfect morning. And after a whale watching mix up the next day, graciously allowed us to come back for another wonderful meal after a very early morning check out.

We hope to return to the area some day on an anniversary trip or to show some close friends the beauty of the area, and the Coach Stop Inn will definitely be our first choice. I can not thank Deborah enough for the effort she put in to allow us to brag about such a wonderful day/trip for the last 6 months. My only regret is that we chose another B&B for our last night and missed out staying one more night and having some more amazing food be our parting memory of Bar Harbor!

Room Tip: Somes Sounds and Blue Hill Bay rooms are in an addition just off the main house, really loved the pr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple