“Wonderful Historic Inn”

Ranked #5 of 31 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Historic Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in the Tavern Suite for 2 nights in October. This inn is out of town but close enough to go in for a meal. It is convenient for hiking in Acadia and very peaceful and quiet. You don't have the noise of Bar Harbor with the garbage trucks picking up the trash at 6AM! Deborah is a wonderful hostess. The breakfasts are incredible and the afternoon snacks are simply wonderful. The Tavern Suite was very comfortable, and there was a nice fireplace with log ready for your romantic fire. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to stay in the area. There are few rooms; so book early!!

Room Tip: I preferred the Tavern Suite since it is in the main house. The others are nice, but I preferred to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Clarkston, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My now fiancee and I planned a trip to Acadia last August to explore the beauty of Down East, Maine. (However, I had ulterior motives) When deciding where to propose to my girlfriend, what could be more romantic than watching the first sunrise in the continental United Sates?? Deborah's help and hospitality made the trip that much better!

As far as accommodations go, we stayed in the Somes Sound room, which is located just behind the main house and is accessed through its own private entrance on a charming little deck with a bistro setup. The room was absolutely wonderful, providing some privacy while still feeling like you are welcome within the beautiful B&B. The breakfasts served in the main dining room were delicious and hearty enough to fuel us up for a little hiking in the near by park. They were so memorable, my finacee snagged the menu each morning to add to a scrapbook. The thing that sets the place apart by far is Deborah's attention to detail enthusiasm she has for running the business.

When I booked the room for my surprise proposal, I included the details of my rough plan. Deborah responded by immediately asking if there was anything she could do to help. I suggested some roses and champagne to celebrate at breakfast. Well, as they say, "the best laid plans....", so the night of our check in I called ahead of time to say we'd be taking longer than expected to make our way up the coast, and oh, the planned on morning proposal was being moved up a day (due to a very foggy morning forecast) She supported the changing plans beautifully and I could not think of a more perfect morning. And after a whale watching mix up the next day, graciously allowed us to come back for another wonderful meal after a very early morning check out.

We hope to return to the area some day on an anniversary trip or to show some close friends the beauty of the area, and the Coach Stop Inn will definitely be our first choice. I can not thank Deborah enough for the effort she put in to allow us to brag about such a wonderful day/trip for the last 6 months. My only regret is that we chose another B&B for our last night and missed out staying one more night and having some more amazing food be our parting memory of Bar Harbor!

Room Tip: Somes Sounds and Blue Hill Bay rooms are in an addition just off the main house, really loved the pr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the years - because it has been consistently excellent! The rooms, breakfast, atmosphere, and the caring owners is what brings my husband and I back! Once you experience the comfort and great hospitality of this inn, you will also become a repeat guest as so many of us have!

College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for our trip to Acadia, and I would definately return. The hosts were incredibly helpful, the room was beautiful and comfortable, and breakfast was absolutely amazing. The poodle was always happy to say hello. Thank you Deborah for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

A friend and I stayed, in the Heritage room this fall while on a New England color tour. We found Deborah to be a kind and gracious hostess. Leon the poodle added charm (esp for those of us who were missing our pets!!). Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast was usually 2-3 course, delicious...Deborah cooked gourmet french toast, bacon, muffins etc. She also kept snacks available for the day. You will not go hungry!!! Location was out of town, but easy 5 min drive to Acadia park entrance and about 7-10 min to Bar Harbor. We enjoyed the fact that it wasn't in the center of all the tour buses and crowds. Location was one of reasons we chose it, seemed very peaceful. I would highly recommend a stay there and would return tomorrow if able to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I just stayed there at the beginning of November and it was perfect. We stayed in the Tavern Suite. The room had its own fire place so in the evenings we snuggled up by the fire and sipped wine. Deborah is a fantastic host (and so is little Leon). She made every detail to our stay so comfortable. In addition, she is such a fantastic cook. I just made her Pumpkin Spice Muffins at home and I hope she comes out with a cookbook because my god.... those muffins are fantastic. I recommend this place to everyone. The Tavern Suite is on the first floor so it was easy to come and go and bring in luggage. I told my parents about this gem and they might even book a room for them and they're in Western PA. Thank you Deborah for you're wonderful hospitality. <3

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I were the lucky guests for two at this inn in late October. We chose the Blue Hill Bay room as it had a private entrance. It was a perfect choice; very homey and relaxing.The host, Deborah, had left no detail behind to make our stay perfectly comfortable, from providing a relaxing environment, to helping us choose what to choose in Acadia National Park (not to be missed!)

Breakfast each morning was a 3 course affair...ALL homemade & very fresh! The dining area was also open anytime for a quick coffee, tea, soda, or afternoon treat (chocolate cake!).

I look forward to another visit to the area as Maine is a beautiful state and hope to stay at the Coach Stop Inn again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blue Hill Bay room which had a private entrance. No stairs to climb or lug your hea...