“I don't even like ice cream” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Westchester, NY
“I don't even like ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

OK so I don't even like ice cream and this place was crazy good, All organic, very interesting flavors, had ice cream 2X, my family went 4X. The caramel. they also offered glutenand dairy free options. yummy reward after hiking all day

Atlantic City
“Best, Best, Best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I live in a beach resort and there are lots of places that make their own ice cream around here. I am much more interested in intense and interesting flavors, than I am in ice cream that is rich, or sweet, or both. For me, THIS IS THE BEST ICE CREAM I HAVE HAD ON THIS SIDE OF THE ATLANTIC. I am sure others have their favorites, but I have yet to taste better (or more exotic flavors).

Florida
“Try it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Pass on the other ice cream spots and go here!! Flavors are unique & you will not be disappointed. The salted Carmel is like nothing I've tried before! We also had the White Russian & Coffee flavors. We took two trips here during our 4 day trip. Go just go!

Tampa, Florida
“Great Selection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Mt Desert is a home grown Bar Harbor ice cream company with unusual and experimental flavors that for the most part are home runs!. I tried several including the Goat Cheesecake and loved them all.

Newtown, Connecticut
“OMG! Do not pass go, do not miss a chance to try this ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have been quite spoiled with a local creamery in my town so while I was expecting to enjoy my ice cream from MDI Ice Cream, I wasn't expecting to be wowed by it. But I was! We stopped here completely on a whim as we walked back to our car after lunch in Bar Harbor. It was way past nap time and toddler melt down was about to commence at any moment. My husband pointed out that MDI was the ice cream place he thought would be good to check out due to the catchy flavor names they had. Since we had our dog with us I let him go in first to check out the flavors - he told me he wanted the White Russian - when I went in to order I found out the catchy name for this flavor was "the Dude." Immediately, I was not surprised that he would pick this one, after all it referenced one of his favorite movies. I had a hard time picking between 3 different flavors but went with the first one that caught my eye - I believe it was called Mount Desert Sweet Cream. Sweet Cream ice cream with chocolate chunks and cherries. One bite of this and I had found ice cream heaven! It was super smooth, creamy, and amazing! The white russian tasted just like the beverage - right down to the Vodka. We both shared ours with our little one who had no complaints - not that she would, it's ice cream! I was caught off guard a bit at the prices - they seemed high to me but given the quality of the ice cream and the good sized servings I cannot complain one bit - you do get what you pay for! I highly recommend if you are in Bar Harbor to stop by and check out this quaint shop. It is well worth it.

• Visited August 2014