“So good we went back a few days later!”

Mount Desert Island Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Newport, New Jersey
“So good we went back a few days later!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

If you enjoy fresh, homemade ice cream, do yourself a favor and DO NOT pass this place by!! It was delicious, with many flavors to choose from. There are a few ice cream places to choose from, but I went by the reviews on Trip Advisor, and chose this place. I am so glad we did!

Williamstown, wv
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We check out several ice cream places looking for the best. In our opinion MDI on the village green topped them all.

Visited July 2014
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yes it is as good as they say”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

On my visit to Maine I had read up on must-have food places. This was on the list for icecream. I thought could it really be that good? Well yes it is. If you are in Bar Harbor, in the main center, there will be many ice cream places... make the walk and wait to go to Mt. Desert. It's a few blocks (walking distance) away from the main area but worth it. You won't regret it!

“Excellent Ice Cream!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you are in or near Bar Harbor do not miss this ice-cream place! Some of the best ice-cream I have ever had! Hard to choose what flavor after trying a few I ended up with the peanut butter and FI had Nutella - both were amazing. I make my own ice-cream at home so I am picky about it and this place will not disappoint! Great service, great choice of flavors and delicious ice-cream.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Try the cookies and Maine cream”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This is now at the top of our places to visit when we come to Bar Harbor. Ice cream doesn't get better than this. We tried the cookies and cream, the bay of figs and the Belgian chocolate. All good.