“Beautiful view”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Mt Desert Narrows Camping Resort
NJ
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

10-15 minutes to town, 15-20 minutes to Acadia National Park. We did not have a water view per se but it was close enough to the water to have outstanding views - especially of the sunset. Site relatively level. Kids enjoyed the pool. Staff was helpful. We would definitely stay at this campsite again.

1 Thank Daphnar

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Hampshire
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have been coming to this area and the campground for 7 years now. Since its been bought by Encore it has gone down hill. The staff was friendly but very lazy as the grass on our site had not been mowed for several weeks and we stayed for 10 days. The fire pits were not cleaned out since the last campers were on the site and it made it very hard to light a fire I hadf to do myself. I visited the restrooms only once and found two of the three toilets not working. The store hrs were 9-5 however on two different occasions we went to the store shortly after 9am and found the door locked. They never opened till after 9:15 am.We had neighbors for 5 nights and they're RV was within 2 FT of my RV very very close. The View from our site was great, alittle over grown but Ok. This used to be a nice place to camp.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Whyhay
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Well situated on Mt Desert Island. Our site was clean and relatively level. The view from site 37 is wonderful. Unfortunately we had very noisy neighbors talking until 2 am and unfortunately the management did do anything to enforce their own rules. The rest rooms could have been in better shape. Wifi availability throughout the campround rather than a hotspot would be a welcomed improvement.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I just got home from a five-night stay at Mt Desert Narrows. I had a tent site, T22, and my brother and his family had a waterfront hookup site. The views from my site were fantastic; from my brother's (I forget which number) were great but there were a bunch of trees blocking the view a bit. When I first got there, there was a site near mine with a large, barking dog, and no people. The dog barked for a really long time and since dogs were not supposed to be left unattended and this dog clearly had been for a very long time, I called the office. Maintenance staff was down at the site within 5 minutes of my call, and they ended up calling the dog owners to come attend to him. I was very impressed with their response. For the person who commented that they couldn't reach anyone after the office closed, there were signs in the bathrooms with the onsite people's camp site numbers listed in case they needed to be reached...

Everything seemed very clean, though they need some lighting outside the bathrooms, and it would be nice if there were lights at the pool so that it could be open longer.

I found it to be pretty quiet after quiet hours began, except for the slamming portapotty doors (don’t people realize how loud those are, and how easy it is to actually close them instead of letting them slam?). Quiet hours start at 10, and most people really seemed to quiet down at that time.

Island Explorer (free shuttle) picks up and drops off right at campground entrance, picks up every half hour, and was very convenient so that we could avoid the hassle of parking in Bar Harbor during busy times when it's hard to find parking.

Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am giving the campround an average rating. It was ok for what we needed, a base camp to enjoy the beautiful state of maine. With that said, we have 3 kids and they found the campground completely boring.The pool was extremely cloudy( we have a pool at home and it didnt look good to me so the kids didnt go in it) , the "playground" was outdated, but there was a BB net so that was good. And it is on the water BUT you really cant access it to enjoy.The views were pretty though. The store staff /checkin are very nice and cheerful. BUT>There was a problem about 930 pm one night where some teenagers broke a bath house window, and there was a huge sharp pain of glass sticking out of an outside sink that was NOT lit up very well, No staff could be found. I was afraid someone was going to reach in and get cut bad, so i called encore hoping they would have an emergency # , they said We are in Fl, we dont know how to reach them either. KINDA crazy huh? Cant reach anyone at 930 pm? What if you had a major prob with something???Anyway, Not our worst campground BUT def not our best either. Average.

1 Thank nicole1172
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed in Site 139. Full sun still the mid afternoon. Site was big most others were too. Playgrounds could use some updating. Low water pressure. Pool was like bath water. No one came around to tell us the fire has to be out. Which was nice. Campground noise level was quiet for the amount of people that were there. Dogs welcome but most be cleaned up after and on leashes. We had sight of the bay until another camper pulled in front of us.They recycle but not paper. Dumpsters were emptied twice during our 6 day stay. Bathrooms were clean. Never look in the showers so can't comment on them. They at least 2 shower/bath houses with a place to wash dishes outside if you need to use it. They do have honey pot service for $25 need to tell the office by 10am if you want to be on the water. They also have 2 dump station. A little pricey- if you stay for 7 days the 7th day is free. There is also free shuttle service all around the park run by the island that runs every 1/2 hour.

• Stayed August 2012
Springfield, VA
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Without knowing very much about the area, I chose this campground. I wish I had known much more about what my actual waterfront choices on Mt Desert Island were. We stayed in slot 87, the 2nd highest price point.
PROS:
Clean campground. Pool if we had wanted it. Plenty of showers close to us. Tree'd wide spot, and very long. Shuttle bus stop, close to Acadia NP entrance.
CONS:
I wanted a waterfront spot so when on the phone with ENCORE reservations, he noted two different price points. He did not know the difference between the two, but, on the map, both were on the water so he suggested the cheaper one. We get here and we are indeed on the water, but our view was blocked by bushes or shrubs about six feet tall. We had to be way back on our site to see the water. To add insult to injury, our fire ring was right up against the shrubs so when we decided to build a fire, we couldn't sit all around the ring and were starring at bushes. We tried to move the ring but it was secured to the ground. I asked to get it moved and the bushes trimmed, but no response.
This is what happens when reservation centers are not on site, and are not involved personally with the campsite.
After driving around, I would have stayed on one of the sounds on the west side, or at a place that was owned and run by locals.

Room Tip: Pay extra for great views along the water-sites 88 and higher.