Hearthside B&B
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$120
Bar Harbor Villager Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$119
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$94
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$139
$149
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$110
Bar Harbor Manor(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$99
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$119
Travelocity
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
$229
Hotwire.com
All reviewswinston churchillemily dickinsonglass menageriewuthering heightsalbert roomromeo julietgreat hostseggs benedictother guestsprivate bathroomcookiesquiet side streetfruit smoothiesbreakfasts were excellentin towneach morningbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed 2 great nights in Bar Harbor and really enjoyed our stay at the Hearthside B&B. Barry and Susan were great hosts. The accommodations were great and the breakfast each day were just a good. The homemade brownies were delicious. The location is a very short walk to everything in Bar Harbor. We recommended the location to two other couples in Boston during out trip and highly recommend it and if we return to the area, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently spent three lovely nights at The Hearthside B&B while visiting Bar Harbor and Acadia National park for the first time. The innkeepers, Barry and Susan, were absolutely wonderful!! The breakfasts (blueberry pancakes, eggs Benedict, and Belgian waffles) were freshly prepared and delicious. They also had several other options available (cereals, muffins, bagels, coffee cake, amazing!!! homemade granola, etc) and even whipped up some eggs at the request of the more carb-conscious guests. Unfortunately, I only made it back in time for afternoon refreshments on one occasion. Susan had set out iced tea, lemonade, and brownies/cookies still warm from the oven--SO perfect after hiking all morning. The house itself was beautiful. I stayed in two separate rooms (I added an extra day to my stay at the last minute) and both were thoughtfully decorated and meticulously cleaned (Prince Albert & Canterbury Court). I have stayed in dozens of hotels and motels in New England and Montreal but never anywhere so clean! The parking lot was a tad small but there was always ample parking on the street even during the height of the busy summer season. The location on High Street was ideal for walking to several local attractions (shops/restaurants on Main St. and Cottage St., the Shore Path, Bar Island Trail, and to the Village Green to hop on an Island Explorer bus) but was still very quiet and pleasant. Several people working in the nearby shops asked me where I was staying; all seemed to know Barry and Susan and only had great things to say about them and their B&B. I really feel they went above and beyond to make their guests feel welcome. Susan was especially helpful in suggesting trails and activities I might like to try. I think my only complaint was the candy. Seriously, there is candy on every available surface in that house and I could not stop eating it--especially those little chocolate covered blueberries they kept leaving on the vanity. I plan to return to the area and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarco207
innstitches, Owner at Hearthside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review...we really do appreciate it when our guests take the time to post a review on TripAdvisor...We are glad that you had such a wonderful time here in Bar Harbor and at our B&B. We try and make every guests experience a positive one, we live in a most beautiful part of the US and want people to enjoy their stay visiting this lovely National Park...and I am sorry about all the candy, maybe we should hide it the next time you come...Thank you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

my husband and i went to bar harbor over the 4th of July, tuesday thru saturday.. We stayed with Barry and Susan at the Hearthside... When we called they could not accommodate us in the same room for the 4 nights and we had no problem with that... on the morning of the 5th day we left our room and had bags packed and when we got back we were all set in our new room... Location was a breeze to all the downtown attractions (of which susan and barry helped us get around both locally and in the park).. The 4 mornings we stayed the breakfasts we so super delicious... fresh fruit, homemade breads, eggs Benedict, french toast, an omelet which had a french name, cant remember and blintzes... different juices and of course coffee.. in the afternoon at 4 there was always a couple of choices, lemonade, ice tea and some delishious homemade yummy!! We have stayed in B & B's in the past, but Susan and Barry at the Hearthside in Bar Harbor we so wonderful and we highly recommend their B & B to stay in Bar Harbor!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sjwattendorf
Reviewed June 30, 2013

On a quiet side street just a couple blocks from all of the downtown action, you will find the Hearthside B&B. This was our second stay and we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Bar Harbor. We were greeted by the owner, who not only showed you to your room, but began checking what plans you had for things to do and places to eat, interjecting suggestions along the way. We had a cozy room that was newly updated with a large window that was letting the fresh Maine air in.
Yummy breakfasts that alternate sweet and savory with seating in the dining room or outside on the porch or patio. Sweets are available at 4:00 and a Kuerig ialways at the ready for the coffee lovers among us. Wifi in the rooms and a common computer with a printer in the living room allows for your digital needs. But you've come to enjoy Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, and Hearthside is the perfect retreat to begin and end your day.

Room Tip: All rooms have a/c for those rare hot and humid nights.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikencarol
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at the Hearthside for three nights. The room was charming, beds were comfortable and Susan and Barry were the perfect hosts. The B&B is meticulously maintained, breakfast was outstanding and there was always tea and coffee available with afternoon home made cookies. The B&B is situated perfectly for walks downtown and to Acadia National Park. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor. It was quiet and charming.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple