“Giant Iced Lattes and Friendly Owner-Driven Service”

Coffee Hound Coffee Bar
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Seating, Takeout
Description: "Coffee done well in Bar Harbor!" - The Boston Globe Coffee Hound Hand-crafted specialty coffee, espresso and artisan edibles. Indulging tastes across Maine from the foothills of Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor during the summers to Sunday River Ski Resort in the winters. We proudly serve Coffee from a small-batch, boutique MAINE roaster & offer a full-line of hand-crafted espresso and coffee including: lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, chai, gourmet hot cocoa and more. Our other specialties include: Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade, pastries baked fresh daily, New England Clam Chowder and Grammy Keegan's famous LOBSTER ROLLS. We are home of the CADILLAC COOLER - Blueberry Soda blended up with Lemon Sorbet and the ACADIAN TURTLE - a Mocha with Hazelnut and Caramel, try it hot, iced or as a frappe! "We believe that coffee is a culture that is shared around the world. So we offer a full line of high quality craft products to indulge tastes near or far & connect with people one cup at a time..."
Portland, Maine
“Giant Iced Lattes and Friendly Owner-Driven Service”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

No kidding, the only iced latte size is 24oz! The coffee is great, the service is friendly and the owner is often working the front counter, chatting up the customers and bonding with the staff. A sliver of a space, Coffee Hound is best for a quick grab-and-go as it is not conducive to a lingering conversation.

Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands down Best Coffee Ever!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love coffee, I have had coffee many places but this place blows them all out of the water. I like your chain stores such as Dunkin, Tim Hortons, Starbucks, but recently I have been trying to find more local specialty coffees, and boy did I hit a gold mine. The atmosphere is so friendly in this place and I wasn't able to see anyone without a smile on their face. Service was quick and efficient. I had the Iced Acadian Mocha Turtle which is one of their specialty beverages which can be ordered a variety of ways. It was so good! I will definitely be back multiple times this summer! Only thing I would change about this place is the hours, they could open at 6 instead of 7 and close later than they do now.

• Visited July 2014
Boston
“Every morning on vaca started with a coffee from Coffee Hound”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Really loved this coffee shop. Walked to it every morning while on vaca to get an ice coffee. Coffee was great - strong but not too strong (I wasn't looking for super bold, I was on vaca after all). Service was pleasant. Loved the location across from the park - I took my coffee for a walk most mornings. Highly recommend as a coffee spot

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great coffee and service!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went here every day during our trip to Bar Harbor. Everyone was so friendly, and the owner was so nice, even back there making coffees! My husband swears that it was the best french vanilla iced coffee he has ever had. I loved their fresh brewed iced tea, and my son had a fresh squeezed lemonade every day. Such a fun little place, and needed in downtown! Great job!

• Visited July 2014
Winchester, Kentucky
“Good coffee good conversation.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The place is very small so it may look full but just be patient , they are very quick. Having lived in coffee heaven outside Seattle it's hard to not be biased in my coffee. We had two iced drinks and a frozen. The cost was 16+$ total. If you have read my other reviews - this is a tourist town and prices are high. Atmosphere was very bright and personable. The owner is on sight and very friendly and knowledgable on his coffee. The taste IS the best we had found in the harbor area...don't waste your money on the other cafés just for coffee. Dog friendly.

1 Thank Camper309