“Stop here if you want good coffee!”

Coffee Hound Coffee Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: "Coffee done well in Bar Harbor!" - The Boston Globe Coffee Hound Hand-crafted specialty coffee, espresso and artisan edibles. Indulging tastes across Maine from the foothills of Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor during the summers to Sunday River Ski Resort in the winters. We proudly serve Coffee from a small-batch, boutique MAINE roaster & offer a full-line of hand-crafted espresso and coffee including: lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, chai, gourmet hot cocoa and more. Our other specialties include: Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade, pastries baked fresh daily, New England Clam Chowder and Grammy Keegan's famous LOBSTER ROLLS. We are home of the CADILLAC COOLER - Blueberry Soda blended up with Lemon Sorbet and the ACADIAN TURTLE - a Mocha with Hazelnut and Caramel, try it hot, iced or as a frappe! "We believe that coffee is a culture that is shared around the world. So we offer a full line of high quality craft products to indulge tastes near or far & connect with people one cup at a time..."
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Good coffee, friendly staff, good selection of coffee, reasonably priced. Stop here if you normally stop at Starbucks. If you have a pet, they had free dog biscuits.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I scoped out a coffee shop so I did not have to have hotel coffee and I am glad I found the Coffee Hound Coffee Bar! Delicious Latte, friendly staff and owner. Try the blueberry hand pie, made just for them from native Maine blueberries. I was skeptical about having a French Macaron but Chris gave me a sample and then I was hooked and went back for more. Seriously, a delicious French Macaron in Bar Harbor, Maine....what a find, thank you again Chris.
Coffee Hound Coffee Bar is also in the perfect location, directly across from the pier where the cruise ships arrive and depart and the beginning and end of the lovely Shore Walk. Don't miss it when you are in Bar Harbor.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We didn't have an opportunity to try any of the coffee, but the menu looked awesome. We were there to try the lobster rolls and they were delicious. Chris, the owner, was very friendly as he prepared our rolls. We spoke of him moving his friend down to Tulane one year, so he had some knowledge of our locality. His daughter, who ran the register, was also outstanding at customer relations for a young age. I'm also a small business owner, so I like to give credit when it is due. Great job Coffee Hound. I will return for some java next time. Highly recommend.

1  Thank TangiTraveler
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Found this newly opened coffee shop one morning in Bar Harbor. Though I can imagine it would be a tight squeeze during the peak of the day, early in the morning it was a stop after our walk from the Shore Path. The owner, was very friendly, and always ready to chat. Oh, and the coffee was (I drank the Chi Charger aka Dirty Chi) great to!

1  Thank Kathie L
Reviewed October 15, 2013

What a nice way to start the day! We stop by on monday morning and and ask for a good café latté. The friendly owner dit it the way we like it!

Too bad it's so far from Trois-Rivières. QC

Thank you Chris from Manon, Helène, Fatima and I.

1  Thank gaetan c