“New York thanks you!!”

Coffee Hound Coffee Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: "Coffee done well in Bar Harbor!" - The Boston Globe Coffee Hound Hand-crafted specialty coffee, espresso and artisan edibles. Indulging tastes across Maine from the foothills of Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor during the summers to Sunday River Ski Resort in the winters. We proudly serve Coffee from a small-batch, boutique MAINE roaster & offer a full-line of hand-crafted espresso and coffee including: lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, chai, gourmet hot cocoa and more. Our other specialties include: Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade, pastries baked fresh daily, New England Clam Chowder and Grammy Keegan's famous LOBSTER ROLLS. We are home of the CADILLAC COOLER - Blueberry Soda blended up with Lemon Sorbet and the ACADIAN TURTLE - a Mocha with Hazelnut and Caramel, try it hot, iced or as a frappe! "We believe that coffee is a culture that is shared around the world. So we offer a full line of high quality craft products to indulge tastes near or far & connect with people one cup at a time..."
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Best cup of coffee we had all week in Maine. The owner and his daughter were very helpful and welcoming. The cafe mocha was one of the best I've ever had. I even went back the next day to habe another and to buy a 12oz bag of coffee, the Acadia Roast, ehich they very generously ground coarsly for me so I could use it in our camp French press. Even got info on shipping their delicious coffee back home to Upstate NY. Plus, they donate 10% of sales to kidney research! I will make an effort to stop here everytime I go to Acadia, this place is worth it's weight in gold!

1  Thank experiencedserver

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were staying in a B&B in Bar Harbor but usually got up and took a walk before breakfast was open at the B&B. On main street, right near the harbor green, we found Coffee Hound was open early - and had really good coffee and latte. We saved our appetites for the breakfast back at the B&B but the Coffee Hound had a full selection of pastries and the like. We were never there later in the day, but they have lobster rolls and all kinds of other food, it appears.

The coffee is brewed from a Maine roaster, Carrabasset. I had the extra dark and it was very good, especially compare the decent but very light coffee served at the B&B. My wife had some kind of fru-fru latte drink that she said was great.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great coffee, especially the dark roast. Have made it a point to go everyday for morning startup. Barista very friendly

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This little coffee place should be on rank no. 1 on trip advisor!!!
I found this place by accident when looking for a cup of coffee early on a Monday morning. It is in a beautiful location in Bar Harbor right by the docks. I was welcomed with a smile and really good coffee which I was able to all taste before I made my choice. The owners Chris and Jen are wonderful and always interesting to talk to. Needless to say that I saw them several times during my 3-day-trip and I will be back next year!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

In the Bar Harbor scene of coffee bars Coffee Hound is a delight. Great coffees, frozen blends and locally baked goods. I was lucky enough to get a warm from the bakery blueberry muffin. The staff is pleasant and definitely dog friendly. The iced tea was fabulous to this southern vacationer. Menu included red snapper hot dogs(Maine brand) for a quick nosh.
Coffee Hound has all the makings of a go-to fixture in Bar Harbor.