“Great find in Bar Harbor!”
Review of Amigo del Diablo - CLOSED

Amigo del Diablo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Amigo del Diablo is a Tex-Mex restaurant located off S. Main St at6 Pleasant St. In Bar Harbor.Serving the freshest ingredients together to make your favorite Tex-Mex flavors that are so common in the border towns of the United States and Mexico. Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, and Chimichangas served with our own house made salsas.Try one of our Margaritas with your meal to cool you down.
Yardley, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find in Bar Harbor!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I were in search of Tex-Mex style food while we were in the Bar Harbor area on vacation and came upon Amigo del Diablo. What a great find! We truly enjoyed our meal! The staff was friendly and provided very good service. We had the fish tacos and crab quesadillas. We left not a scrap on our plates. We also ordered the guacamole (fresh!) and enjoyed the fresh, flavorful salsa -- and there is bottled hot sauce for heat so you can adjust to your palate. The Grande Margarita did not disappoint and the flan was one of the better ones we ever had. We recommend this place to anyone looking to kick back and enjoy good food!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank J F

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Must visit in Bar Harbor”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We found this place on our Foodie Tour and we were thrilled. Great mexican restaurant, amazing chilps and salsa, and super friendly staff. This place is off on a side street, but make sure to make time to visit, you wont be sorry you did.

Visited September 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner there. I got tacos, and she got a Mexican pizza. While the beef tacos were excellent, the chicken was even better. Her Mexican pizza was one of the best Mexican items she had. The sides were beans and Mexican rice, both of which were unique and excellent. The chips had a hearty taste to them, and the salsa was fresh and tasty as well. Our dinner was $25, which is the low end for Bar Harbor this time of year. Its just a half block off of Main Street, in a building it shares with a laundromat, which hurts it on curb appeal, but don't let that deter you. The inside is pleasant and bright. We will return. Note this is the same review I put in g+.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kevin S
Whitefish, Montana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I lived in Bar Harbor many years ago and returned for a visit this summer and came across this little gem. It's tucked back away from the busy bustle of the main street behind the gas station. If I remember correctly it used to be an old bar and taxi cab center and the new owner, a SUPER hostess, turned it into a sweet little Mexican joint. Very warm and inviting decor, great art, and tasteful design. The menu is simple but has a little something for anyone wanting a Mexican meal. I read some of the previous bland comments which is good as two of my family members have a hard time with spicy food and I LOVE IT!! Easy to add some extra spice or salt if you want that. Otherwise the ingredients were fresh and homemade tasting!! The owner is very accommodating and makes sure everyone is getting what they need for a great dining experience. He also made me his signature drink... I think it was called the snake bite...YUM! All in all, I would certainly recommend this place and will return again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Deidre C
Maine
“Good Mexican”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ordered 2 taco salads, fish tacos and regular tacos as well as fried ice cream. The waiter was very attentive and the food good. The only suggestion would be to replace the carpet in the dining area (a bit grungy) and install railings on the steps into the building.

• Visited July 2013