“Great find!”
Review of Amigo del Diablo - CLOSED

Amigo del Diablo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Amigo del Diablo is a Tex-Mex restaurant located off S. Main St at6 Pleasant St. In Bar Harbor.Serving the freshest ingredients together to make your favorite Tex-Mex flavors that are so common in the border towns of the United States and Mexico. Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, and Chimichangas served with our own house made salsas.Try one of our Margaritas with your meal to cool you down.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I lived in Bar Harbor many years ago and returned for a visit this summer and came across this little gem. It's tucked back away from the busy bustle of the main street behind the gas station. If I remember correctly it used to be an old bar and taxi cab center and the new owner, a SUPER hostess, turned it into a sweet little Mexican joint. Very warm and inviting decor, great art, and tasteful design. The menu is simple but has a little something for anyone wanting a Mexican meal. I read some of the previous bland comments which is good as two of my family members have a hard time with spicy food and I LOVE IT!! Easy to add some extra spice or salt if you want that. Otherwise the ingredients were fresh and homemade tasting!! The owner is very accommodating and makes sure everyone is getting what they need for a great dining experience. He also made me his signature drink... I think it was called the snake bite...YUM! All in all, I would certainly recommend this place and will return again!

1  Thank Deidre C

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ordered 2 taco salads, fish tacos and regular tacos as well as fried ice cream. The waiter was very attentive and the food good. The only suggestion would be to replace the carpet in the dining area (a bit grungy) and install railings on the steps into the building.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

One of the locals recommended this restaurant to us. Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children <12)went for a late dinner after finishing an evening fishing trip aboard the Islander. It's off the beaten path a bit and appeared nearly empty other than some locals around the bar, although the owner said most everyone was seated outside. We were seated in a room by ourselves and had a very nice dinner. Our waiter was prompt and friendly. We had no problems with the chips and salsa like another reviewer mentioned, and were not charged for refills of the salsa (and had plenty of it). Our food was hot, fresh, cooked correctly, and tasted great. We were very pleased with the service, the food, and the overall experience. It was a nice end to a great day.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We love Mexican food and decided to try this restaurant on a recent trip to Bar Harbor. It was a terrible disappointment! Salsa and chips were served when we were seated. We had five in our party. Our table was given one bowl of chips and two tiny, plastic cups (the sort that some restaurants use to serve sour cream or butter) of "salsa" (not really salsa but pico de gallo with no jalapenos and unripened tomatoes). Each probably contained less than two teaspoons. Want a refill? Pay for it! We did and really expected to get a regular, small bowl. No. Another plastic cup. I had the shrimp and crab enchilladas and found them dry...almost as if they had been reheated. The rice was tasteless, as were the refried beans. Two in our party had fish tacos and said they were decent but not great. Another had beef enchilladas; they were also decent but not anything special. I asked for some of the diablo salsa, but it was never delivered to out table. I suppose we should have been forewarned when we entered the restaurant and saw that we were the only patrons! Now I understand why!!

1  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I would not go back here. The food was not good. Everything needed more seasoning. We tried the enchiladas, fish tacos and taco special. I asked for hard tacos, but got soft ones. I noticed on the bill later that the waitress had written "hard", but still the order was wrong. The margaritas were okay, but not great. The only thing that was well seasoned was the chicken in one of the tacos.