“Very solid pick”

Newton, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very solid pick”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

While the menu is not huge, the dishes are excellent. Fish was prepared nicely. Their ravioli were great as were there appetizers. Service was attentive. We were happy campers when we left. We did not try their desserts but they sounded delicious.

Marina del Rey, California
“Great Basic Italian”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our Inn keeper. We were really in the mood for some pasta and meatballs--nothing fancy just good solid Italian food. Mama DiMatteo's did not disappoint. Friendly, casual, good value.

Visited August 2014
E. Hanover
“Favorite once again”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The appetizers, wine and main course were all wonderful. It's location is tucked away in a nice quiet part of town. The atmosphere is quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed both eating outside and inside. The staff is always gracious. We are never disappointed! It is a favorite of the entire family.

Visited August 2014
Bar Harbor, Maine
“YUM”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I live in Bar Harbor so, in the summer, there is a wide variety of places to dine. We stopped in to Mama's for an early snack as I hadn't been in in a while. We ha d the mussels and the mushroom crustini with a lemon rosemary cocktail. The service was perfect the staff were professional and friendly and both the food and the drink were perfect. All in all it was a delightful stop and we will be back!

Bergen, New York
“Small Menu”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was the one craving Italian food in our family, so we dined here tonight. My husband and daughter could not find anything on the menu that they wanted. I had the linguine with clam sauce, which was very good! My husband and daughter shared the lobster mac and cheese, which was also very good. The bread and bean spread hat came out before our meal was wonderful too. They have lobster fra diablo, but I wish they had offered shrimp fra diablo as well. I have been trying Bloody Mary's wherever I can this trip, and the best one that I have had so far was had here.

1 Thank eskipom