“Excellent!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Simsbury
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We just returned from our 39th annual trip to Bar Harbor and went to Mama's for the first time while there. We were a party of five and everyone's dinner was perfect. I had the Veal Caprese which was the absolute best I had ever had. My Husband (the pickier one) had the Lobster Alfredo which he said he'd go back for. Everyone else really enjoyed their dinner as well. We thought it was reasonably priced given the area. The service was very good as well. We will definitely be returning to Mama's on our 40th trip.

• Visited September 2012

Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Lots of Lobster Offerings”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our B&B host recommending this restaurant. We did enjoy our meal and the atmosphere - all for a reasonable price. We even had a "buy one entree / get one free" coupon, which really added to the value. We started with lobster risotto cakes, which were really delicious. Then I had the Lobster Mac and Cheese, which had a tri-cheese blend of cheddar, gorgonzola and parmesan. It was loaded with lobster and the sharpness of the cheese blend was really delicious. I do wish it had been served with fresh veggies. It came, instead, with cole slaw, which really was better suited for a sandwich, not the entree. We had a very pleasant server and although the restaurant was relatively dark, it had a nice atmosphere. On our next visit, we will try the other recommendation - The Side Street Cafe.

• Visited September 2012
Georgetown, Massachusetts
“I'd Say Skip This Place”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Finally went to Mama's after hearing about it every year. Too bad we did. Service is poor, prices high (especially for Italian). Food was not up to snuff and frankly I thought the portions were small if you are a big eater which I am really not. Most things seemed overcooked or maybe not fresh to begin with. I've heard the place has changed hands more than once. I'd head down the street.

• Visited July 2012
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Poor excuse for an Italian restaurant...take a pass on this one”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We found the menu to be very limited. When we asked the waiter about the sauce on the pasta marinara, he was honest and stirred us away from it. However, that same sauce is on the veal parm that he did recommend. He reassured us that it was real veal and that the chef was back there pounding it out. When it came to the table, it looked more like veiner schnitzel than veal parm with a watery red sauce. My husband ate it because he was hungry. I ordered the pasta mediterranean (a primavera in an oil and white wine sauce). I could count the tomatoes, spinach, black olives, and canned pickled artichokes that were in with the pasta. It was pretty void of veggies. Now you would think that veggies are an ingredient you can be generous with from a cost standpoint...it was what I call a "wish" dish. Wish it was really the way I thought it was going to look and taste. There's really nothing Italian about this place, they just call themselves Italian. Don't waste your time or your money in going here... there are too many other great choices. I really wish I could give this a better review.

Enfield, Connecticut
“Disappointed this year”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was one of our regular haunts for our annual trip to Bar Harbor. This year however, the waiter was terrible and the food was extremely ordinary. My wife had the pesto haddock and I had an all-you can eat early bird pasta and chicken special. Waiter never even asked if I wanted more, but I would have declined anyway. Very bland. My wife's dish was also rather disappointing, with a dollop of pesto spread over the top of a broiled haddock. Probably will skip it next year!

Visited September 2012