“A great way to start our morning...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jordan's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cedar Crest, New Mexico
“A great way to start our morning...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The breakfast was yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband was in love with his bluebarry pancakes. The service there was wonderful considering the large amount of people that were being served. When we asked one of the locals they said we had to have breakfast there at some point during our visit.. We were not dissappointed!!!!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David P, Owner at Jordan's Restaurant, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We guaranty that we will give you the best restaurant experience that we can. EVERYDAY.

• Korean first
Bar Harbor, Maine, United States
“the place to eat breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

this is a outstanding place to have breakfast. it a place that the locals eat and they are busy right up until they close at 2pm. the blueberry pancakes are great.

Visited October 2012
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Nothing special. You're average boring breakfast place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

"Jordan's Restaurant" is suppose to be in every travel book on Maine and New England as the best pancake eatery in town. That is far from the truth. First off, what place in their right mind that sells pancakes in Maine decides to charge extra for real Maine maple syrup, otherwise you're stuck with Log Cabin. I went here once recently and while the service was nice, the food was dreadful. The taste of my pancakes were bland and there was not a large selection of blueberries.

Now, in all fairness, I live in Bar Harbor and have eaten at almost all the other breakfast places in town and I stand by my decision that "Cafe This Way" serves the best blueberry pancakes in the village. I came here when the summer ended and did not enjoy my meal. There was no passion, soul, or heart in the making of these pancakes. The cooks are careless with their food.

Also, they like to shove their political agenda into people's faces. They had a sign of a Republican candidate hanging in their store front window and I'm a big political lover, but I don't care who a business is supporting for town council and it's not fair to the workers who may not be supporting that specific candidate. If the manager wants to put up her political agenda at her own home that is totally up to her, but please not in a place of business. Sounds like a way to draw in the Republicans and leave out the Democrats.

Anyway, I recommend another breakfast place like "Cafe This Way" or "Two Cats". I only had the pancake, so I am not speaking for their other food items, which could be good. Perhaps maybe in the future, I'll return and try something else and see.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Brendan W
Arkansas
“Oh, my!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you are in Bar Harbor, you have to start your day here. Stout coffee, Maine blueberry pancakes, home fries and one in our party had a delicious beer-battered fish sandwich. It was Christmas time and before we left the staff gave us little sacks filled with cookies and other sweets they had made and displayed on the counter. Great service and great food in a delightful little town.

Visited December 2012
Wilton
“Just Right for Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Perfect place for a quick and good omelette, friendly service, and great mix of locals and visitors. Open for breakfast and lunch.

• Visited November 2012