“Great coffee & Ambiance”
Review of Cafe This Way

Cafe This Way
Ranked #5 of 148 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
roanoke
“Great coffee & Ambiance”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Had 3 breakfasts and 1 dinner at Café and loved all of them.
Great coffee!! Great staff!! Interesting and diverse menu.

Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
“Give it a try!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were so pleased with our dinner/dessert, that we had to go there again for breakfast another day. Food, service and atmosphere were great! Do not miss!

1 Thank Lisandra2013
Durham, Maine
“Do not miss”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We enjoyed this restaurant nine years ago for breakfast. Could not wait to try dinner. What wonderful food, atmosphere and ambiance. Do not miss Cafe This Way on your next visit to Bar Harbor.

1 Thank frcdtag44
Tampa, Florida
“Best of Bar Harbor”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My family spent a long Memorial Day weekend in Bar Harbor and have had the pleasure of a dinner and breakfast at Café This Way. At dinner we split the fried brussel sprouts, which have bacon, pumpkin seeds and other goodies. Fantastic! I had the Chickpea Curry, which has cauliflower rice instead of a starch. Great curry taste and the "rice" was so fluffy. My wife had the pan seared sea scallops off the nightly special menu. Four huge scallops that were extremely tasty, along with couscous and asparagus. My daughter had the pecan crusted halibut, which was a very nice portion and very moist.

Service was outstanding and they time the courses very well and the prices are very fair.
They also have very reasonably priced glasses of wine and great selection of craft beers.

For breakfast a couple of days later I had the homemade corned beef hash, which was just right - not too fancy with unusual spices. The hash had two nicely poached eggs and toast. My daughter got the breakfast burrito, which she devoured! My wife had the oatmeal with a nice dish of fresh berries and bananas (just a $1 more). And unlike another highly rated breakfast place in town, service here was spot on. We were not only seated at the time of our reservation, but our order was taken and food delivered within 20-25 minutes.

I would probably rate them highly for lunch, but they are not open for lunch.

Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Excellent service and dinner experience”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a dinner date at Cafe This Way, on our final night in Bar Harbor, Maine. It was a great experience because of very warm, friendly staff, excellent and timely service, good lighting and atmosphere with both indoor and enclosed porch seating.

The Austrian fruit salad was very good and fresh with the perfect amount (not too much, not too little) of dressing to make the salad almost like a light snack appetizer.

The zucchini noodles with pesto was also very good, and the only reason why we would give the overall and the food a "4" instead of "5" was that the sprinkling of Parmesan cheese was not advertised on the menu or mentioned.

The rib-eye was absolutely delicious and had a tasty balsamic reduction for its sauce. For a red meat lover, this was definitely a great entree for me.

Were it not for the Parmesan cheese part above, I'd rate this a 5 all around, and despite that, we would definitely go back. You won't regret it.