“Wonderful Breakfast”
Review of Cafe This Way

Cafe This Way
Ranked #3 of 143 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Wonderful Breakfast”
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Just the place to start your day with a creative, fun and most importantly, delicious breakfast. Not fancy, but a great experience none the less.

1 Thank PhotoTheatre

• Turkish first
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Goat cheese in omelet = :)”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Goat cheese in omelet = :)

Chicago, Illinois
“They Should Charge More!”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

This was the best meal I had had in months. This was also the smallest bill I have (maybe ever) had for a bottle of wine, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and a dessert ($75). Don't let the wacky decor throw you - this place has serious culinary integrity. Everything from the produce to the seafood was fresh and the flavor combinations were interesting. Moreover, the waiter was not uppity when we requested a potentially spicy sauce to be served on the side. It is a good thing that I don't live in Bar Harbor, because I'd probably eat dinner here every night.

1 Thank HCS81
Chicago, IL
“Go This Way - you won't be dissapointed!”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Cafe This Way is very centrally located right off of Mt. Desert St. (BTW: we were told by Maine natives that it is pronounced Mt. Dessert not Mt Desert) We went to Cafe This Way after reading the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not dissappointed. Although they were packed, and we had no reservations, the staff ran around like crazy to get a table ready for us. We sat on the wonderful front porch which was pleasantly cool and comfortable. My husband had salmon and I had crab cakes. Both of our meals were served with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh veggies. The meals were outstanding, although the service was a bit slow. We really didn't mind the wait, the front porch seating was so pleasant we didn't want the meal to end.

2 Thank DideeP
Detroit, MI
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Visited restaurant on busy 4th of July weekend for breakfast. It was *very* busy and many people sitting around outside, waiting for a table. We almost walked away, but decided to stay when told the wait was only about 20 minutes. Also helped that there was self-serve coffee available that was very good and plentiful!

A lot of your standard issue breakfast items. I had eggs benedict that was just what I wanted and expected. The hashed potatoes were excellent--some of the best I've ever had and with a peculiar spice I couldn't put my finger on. My friend had a breakfast "burrito" that was chock full of veggies and the veggie sausage was better than "real" sausage. Service was efficient.

The whole breakfast cost about $27, including coffee and juice.