“Nice place”

Cafe This Way
Ranked #3 of 151 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: serving breakfast and dinner, considered casual and fine dining. Large breakfast menu, and eclectic dinner menu.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We came here for breakfast it was great I had the veg sausage Benedict and my husband had regular Benedict both were good def. recommend this place..

Write a ReviewReviews (2,333)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This establishment was highly recommended, and it was very busy on the evening we went for dinner without a reservation. They seated us right away in the enclosed patio area, however. Service was a bit slow, but the high level of activity was probably the cause. Generally, the menu was interesting, and we had a salmon entree and a vegetarian dish (squash and other vegetables over polenta), both of which were prepared well. The bread was excellent and warm, and this was an enjoyable meal overall. The room was a little too dark for me, but having a brighter room is a personal preference. We enjoyed the dinner and walked into the harbor area from the restaurant, which was just a short distance.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved the lobstor and halibut. Special alcoholic lemonade was wonderful. Strawberry rhubarb pie was excellent wirh great vanilla icecream and hazelnut capucino. Will go back.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The most imaginatively, thoughtfully created meal we've had since we've been here in BH. Apps and desserts were great, lamb sirloin and blackened tuna were outstanding. Not quite as keen on the mako shark special, but it was prepared well, I just found I didn't care much for mako. We chose to sit out on the covered patio and enjoyed looking into the dining room, which is interestingly decorated - love the cranberry colored walls hung with paintings, and the bookcases. Really nice evening, great food, attentive service. Had reservations for 5:30 so was able to park in the lot in front of the restaurant.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was craving for cooked vegetable, and wanted some changes from lobster and deep fried seafood. We came here after reading many great reviews.

The main dishes we ordered all came with cooked vegetable, which provided good balance of nutrition and taste. The fish my friend had was slightly overlooked. And the vegetable in my dish was way overlooked.

The dinner overall was good but definite not great. I'm not sure if its fair to say this, but compared to tons of fusion restaurants in NYC, "cafe this way" does not deserve its price and the great reviews. But again, it's a tourist small town away from big cities....