“Best Meal in Bar Harbor”
Review of Cafe This Way

Cafe This Way
Ranked #3 of 151 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: serving breakfast and dinner, considered casual and fine dining. Large breakfast menu, and eclectic dinner menu.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great food, fun atmosphere, good service. My friend had one of the vegetarian options, I had a bite and it was delicious. My BF and I had meat dishes - fantastic.

Sit on the balcony if there is availability. Be sure to make reservations.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,333)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

They had many vegetarian options to choose from, and it wasn't your typical veggie burger or eggplant option. My fiance was the only vegetarian out of the 4 of us, but 3 of us opted for the options because they looked so good. They were fantastic, and were the best meal we had all weekend-such a treat! After a cold, wet day in the park, stopping in here for an evening meal was so nice-it was very warm, cozy, and we felt like we could take our time!

1  Thank Ooey
Reviewed November 7, 2012

While on a long weekend getaway to Bar Harbor in the middle of October, we got a chance to eat at Cafe This Way for breakfast. We stopped by after an early morning visit to Mount Cadillac to get a bite and warm up. From the piping hot coffee to the friendly wait staff to the meals, it was a great treat. My wife ordered the lobster eggs benedict (in a continuing quest to have lobster in a variety of ways) and raved about the dish. She even let me have a bite and she was right--great food. I ordered the blueberry pancakes and was not disappointed. The pancakes were crispy, the berries were tasty, and the maple syrup was the best. Too bad we did not make it back to this quirky little restaurant for lunch.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast in this tucked away cafe. The service was great and the staff very pleasant. There is a wide range of dishes freshly prepared and judging from the number of diners early in the morning it might be advisable to book in the season.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Instead of dinner, my daughter and I opted to each order a salad and we split 4 appetizers. The salads were really fresh and tasted great (Classic Caesar and Austrian Fruit.) Our favorite appetizer, hands down, was the fried brussel sprouts. Such a wonderful mix of flavors with the little pieces of duck confit, lime, honey, and pumpkin seeds! My second favorite was the asparagus spears wrapped in proscuitto with a touch of sweetness from sorghum and creamy fontina cheese. My daughter liked the Maine seafood spring rolls second best- she loved the lime sauce. We didn't like the scallops that much- the corn sauce was way too spicy for us. But if you like a lot of heat, you'd love them. Eating this way was a great way to taste a variety of dishes. They have created some unusual combinations and they are very enjoyable.