“Awesome Food and Unique Menu”
Review of Cafe This Way

Cafe This Way
Ranked #3 of 143 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NJ
“Awesome Food and Unique Menu”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I ended up eating here three times last week (and I am the type of person that prefers not to repeat). The vegan omelette was so good I had to have it again. The room is warm and cozy and Erin provided excellent service.

• Turkish first
Northern VA
“Great place for breakfast in a quirky setting.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great place for breakfast. Reasonable prices. The place fills up, so go early.

We had the following:

Drinks:
Hot Chocolate
Selection of teas

Main Courses:
Granola with yogurt with fruit - fresh and crunchy
Blueberry pancakes - the local favorite done well
Vegetable eggs benedict with home fries - the best eggs benedicts in the area. The sauce is done well

$27.00 without tip

Falls Church, Virginia
“Vegan-friendly!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We found this place through my Happy Cow app which tells me where I can find vegan food. I was nervous that with the name "cafe" in its name, it was going to be really casual and not a good place for a nice dinner with my husband - but it was a totally cute restaurant! There's cool artwork on the walls, bookshelves with old books, and a variety of different style tables (the first night we went there the table had glitter embedded into its design; the second night we went back we had a table with cartoons about Cafe This Way embedded into it!). The first night I got a dish with chickpeas, quinoa, butternut squash and tofu (tasty); the second night I got the Asian salad as a starter (it was huge - and so delicious) and the Bento plate (every bit of it was fantastic)! I also had sorbet for dessert the first night and that was very good.

We went back for breakfast our last morning in town and I got the tofu scramble. It was very similar in flavor to the flavors of the Bento plate - soy sauce flavored veggies mixed with the tofu. It was good but the only thing that made it feel breakfasty was that they mixed in some potatoes with it.

Vegan-friendly options are slim in Bar Harbor so if you're vegan or just looking for healthier food - check out Cafe This Way!

1 Thank NickiPT
oklahoma city
“Big Surprise”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This restaurant is conveniently located within a block or so from the main drag, but relatively hidden. Nevertheless, I have been told the the breakfast line is huge. Looks like a little house with a porch, much like a roadside lobster place, but is a big surprise inside with vaulted ceilings. Wonderful omelets. It is not open for lunch. At night, decor is subtly dressed up. Varied traditional menu- but refined. Small bar. I had excellent lamb. Reservations recommended.

Portsmith, NH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We only ate breakfast here but is was great. Mant\y different options and all were excellent. I especially liked the omlets but the waffels and pancakes were also fabulous.

Visited October 2012