“Great place for breakfast in a quirky setting.”
Review of Cafe This Way

Cafe This Way
Ranked #6 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: serving breakfast and dinner, considered casual and fine dining. Large breakfast menu, and eclectic dinner menu.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great place for breakfast. Reasonable prices. The place fills up, so go early.

We had the following:

Drinks:
Hot Chocolate
Selection of teas

Main Courses:
Granola with yogurt with fruit - fresh and crunchy
Blueberry pancakes - the local favorite done well
Vegetable eggs benedict with home fries - the best eggs benedicts in the area. The sauce is done well

$27.00 without tip

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We found this place through my Happy Cow app which tells me where I can find vegan food. I was nervous that with the name "cafe" in its name, it was going to be really casual and not a good place for a nice dinner with my husband - but it was a totally cute restaurant! There's cool artwork on the walls, bookshelves with old books, and a variety of different style tables (the first night we went there the table had glitter embedded into its design; the second night we went back we had a table with cartoons about Cafe This Way embedded into it!). The first night I got a dish with chickpeas, quinoa, butternut squash and tofu (tasty); the second night I got the Asian salad as a starter (it was huge - and so delicious) and the Bento plate (every bit of it was fantastic)! I also had sorbet for dessert the first night and that was very good.

We went back for breakfast our last morning in town and I got the tofu scramble. It was very similar in flavor to the flavors of the Bento plate - soy sauce flavored veggies mixed with the tofu. It was good but the only thing that made it feel breakfasty was that they mixed in some potatoes with it.

Vegan-friendly options are slim in Bar Harbor so if you're vegan or just looking for healthier food - check out Cafe This Way!

1  Thank NickiPT
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This restaurant is conveniently located within a block or so from the main drag, but relatively hidden. Nevertheless, I have been told the the breakfast line is huge. Looks like a little house with a porch, much like a roadside lobster place, but is a big surprise inside with vaulted ceilings. Wonderful omelets. It is not open for lunch. At night, decor is subtly dressed up. Varied traditional menu- but refined. Small bar. I had excellent lamb. Reservations recommended.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We only ate breakfast here but is was great. Mant\y different options and all were excellent. I especially liked the omlets but the waffels and pancakes were also fabulous.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Cafe This Way is an attractive cafe that provides a good solid traditional breakfast. Quick service and friendly waiter. We were in and out in about 40 minutes.