“Who'd a thunk it???”
Review of Havana

Havana
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wayman
Description: American fine dining with a Latin flair. Havana has an elegant modern atmosphere, an extensive wine list, knowledgeable staff and a sophisticated menu. Seafood, vegetarian and meat dishes are flavored with intelligence and respect and change weekly, sometimes daily. Havana is located in downtown Bar Harbor, just a short stroll up Main Street.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A first-class Cuban restaurant in Bar Harbor! I live in Florida and travel to Miami all the time and love Cuban food. When my friends chose Havana from among the restaurants I had narrowed our choices to, I thought they were making a mistake. I was wrong. My filet topped with foie gras was divine. My friends' choices were equally good. It just happened to be half-price wine Wednesday and the owner's wife helped us make a scrumptious choice. Both she and the owner were delightful to talk to -- unpretentious and very helpful. Loved our Chilean waiter also!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

After perusing the extensive wine list for 10 minutes, it turned out that my selection was no longer carried and alternates were suggested, not the same at all. The spring roll appetizer was OK but not great for the price. My wife's scallops ($33)were huge and really cooked perfectly, but the seafood paella was mediocre at best, the 4 mussels and one clam were OK but the few pieces of lobster were overcooked and tough, as were the tiny slices of scallops. I don't consider the few baby shrimp worth mentioning, what's the matter with putting a real shrimp in there? For the price $34 it was a bust; too much rice, not enough seafood.

The final presumption really turned my off - on the bottom of the cheque, it gave suggested tips of 18 and20%.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We went to Havana as. "fallback" based on a recommendation from our hotel when we couldn't get into the restaurant that we had chosen for that night. We felt that we had hit the jackpot. Havana was the best overall dining experience of our trip. The food was wonderful, the service was great, and the atmosphere was surprisingly sophisticated yet relaxing. As entrees, we had the tuna and the lobster and had the opposite experience from that described by another reviewer who had the same two dishes just a few days before us. They were imaginatively conceived and well prepared. My medium-rare tuna was perfect. We particularly enjoyed the ambiance. While the restaurant was casual and relaxing, the clientele was by in large dressed for an evening at a restaurant rather than a day at the beach -- rare for a town like Bar Harbor..

Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a wonderful dining experience!!! We started with Mojitos...outstanding! After appetizers we had the lobster dish...also outstanding! Great food and Phenomenal service...We highly recommend this fine establishment!

1  Thank Ronnie B
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were recommended to the Havana by the proprietor at the Ullikana Inn where we were staying, and also by some fellow guests - we were not disappointed. Starters of black bean soup and a refreshing yellow and red watermelon salad were superb, as were the Capirinha cocktails (the best we've had since a previous trip to Rio) ! Entrees of the seafood paella and fillet mignon kept up the high standard, and a bonus was a superb bottle of Merlot with 50% off on Wednesdays. We thought at this stage we were completely full, but the lure of an Affogato tempted us to indulge in a desert. A superb meal, great service, and a wonderful atmosphere.