“Best meal in Bar Harbor and should be #1 on Trip Advisor!”
Review of Havana

Havana
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 143 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wayman
Description: American fine dining with a Latin flair. Havana has an elegant modern atmosphere, an extensive wine list, knowledgeable staff and a sophisticated menu. Seafood, vegetarian and meat dishes are flavored with intelligence and respect and change weekly, sometimes daily. Havana is located in downtown Bar Harbor, just a short stroll up Main Street.
Illinois
“Best meal in Bar Harbor and should be #1 on Trip Advisor!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We ate at 8 of the top restaurants this week and were disappointed we ate here on our last evening and can't go back a 2nd time! The service is the best in Bar Harbor and the atmosphere is great. Room between tables and you aren't part of others coversations!! The scallops were the best I had all week as well as the seafood paella my husband enjoyed.

We were blown away by the amazing service, food and atmosphere! GO THERE!!

1 Thank raisinggirls

boston
“Excellent food overall and very good service!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Havana last night and loved it!

I am a vegan and had delicious poblanos stuffed with quinoa and veggies, with just the right amount of spiciness. My husband had lobster moqueca, which consisted of a generous portion of fresh lobster meat simmered in a savory coconut broth with white fish, red peppers and onions served over cilantro rice. He loved it! He also had the blueberry corn bread and regular bread brought to our table and served with three accompaniments, one of which was orange butter. He gave that a thumbs up too! Prior to our entrees being served, we shared a spring roll appetizer that was OK, but nothing special.

Service by our waiter, Arlo, and his assistant, Terenze (sp?) was very good. In fact, we had met Terenze earlier in the day elsewhere in Bar Harbor and asked her about the restaurant, without knowing she worked there. I told her I am vegan and asked her if there might be dishes offered that would be suitable. She then told me she works there and the chef would be happy to accommodate my dietary needs -- and when I arrived, our server informed me that the chef had been told about me and would be happy to accommodate me. Between Terenze, Arlo, and the chef, I was very well taken care of. A BIG THANKS to Terenze for getting the ball rolling on this, and bravo to Arlo for great service and the chef for the wonderful, delicious food!

1 Thank liviBoston
New Milford, Connecticut
“perfect !!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

the scallops, seafood paella and soup of the day was perfect, with friendly staff and the service was perfect. a very cozy place to talk and very romantic.......

Visited June 2013
1 Thank marilyn1121
Nova Scotia
“I can't say enough about this restaurant!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Absolutely amazing - from start to finish the food and service were incredible at Havana and the location in an older house just made the dining experience perfect. We had appys to start (fancy fried cheese that is describe WAY better than this in the menu) and they brought out fresh breads and different spreads. They also brought a little amuse-bouche out (you know you are at a top restaurant when that happens:)). For our mains I had the seared tuna and it couldn't have been cooked better - it is my go to dish if on a menu and this one was perfect. But the real amazing part of the whole experience was my bfs lamb shank. It was so perfect and delicious we both were blown away by it. Unfortunately all this deliciousness meant no dessert which only means we have to go back. I would highly, highly recommend this restaurant and as an aside I disagree completely with the other review that it is expensive. For what we ordered, and the delciousness of the food, we found it incredibly reasonable, cost wise.

One final comment, the servers and the manager of this restaurant are top caliber. Everyone was very helpful and friendly and the manager gave us his contact so I could follow up with a few questions on their bread recipe. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant and our whole experience there. Thank you Andrew and Havana!!

1 Thank travelbug1995
“Good food and friendly service.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Overall the food was good, maybe a little heavy for fish and scallop dishes. They were out of several bottles of wine we requested. Staff was friendly.