“Visited 3 times in one week”
Review of West Street Cafe

West Street Cafe
Ranked #32 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Re-opening April 13 2018! Established in 1981 The West Street Cafe continues to please with good food at good prices. Stop by to visit our spacious beautiful new digs.
Reviewed September 24, 2017

I was staying only a short block away from this restaurant and had all intentions of eating there on my arrival anyway, but the food was so good and the location so convenient that I ended up going 2 more times. The first night I had the obligatory lobster roll because after all I had just landed and was ready to eat some lobster. It was delish. The second time I ordered twin lobster tails-also very delicious and the third visit on my last night I enjoyed fried clams which were so good that they ruined any others for me in the future. Good blueberry pie made in their kitchen, very good wine list and I tried a bourbon that I hadn't heard of. Nice atmosphere, very good service. Loved it every time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,743)

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

While in Bar Harbor for the weekend we went here for lobster rolls at lunch time and also had dinner here. The service was great and the restaurant was very clean with good lighting. I had twin lobsters and others in my party had seafood pasta dishes. All were very good. I also tried the blueberry Martini thay was very nice. One of our favorite places to eat in Bar Harbor.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Its nice for looks, but doesn't match the rest of the harbor. Service was nice ,but slow. Food was good, but can get the same food for cheaper at other places. Not somewhere I would return.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

I guess the lobster deal is really good and at a very fair price. I ate here twice and had the broiled haddock and chicken sandwich. Both of which were highly unremarkable. Both could have done with more flavor and I don't like spicy food. The fried I had with my chicken at lunch time were not very fresh and the rice I had for dinner with the haddock was like rice-a-Roni. The blueberry pie is to die for so I wouldn't miss that.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Great big chunks of clam made the clam chowder the best we had in Bar Harbor! Menu with plenty of seafood, but not much else. Atmosphere is classy yet comfortable.