West Street Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Re-opening early July 2017
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Eat here three times when I was in Bar harbour. Food was of very good quality, and staff were very friendly. I liked the fact that most tables had a map of mount desert island on them, so whilst waiting for the meal you can retrace your steps earlier in the day.
The food choice is largely seafood based, but not exclusively so, and was reasonable priced. Seemed to be always busy, and all the comments I overheard were positive.
What made the place special were the serving staff who were always very pleasant and helpful.

1  Thank needdm
Write a ReviewReviews (1,546)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

First off, our waitress Diane was amazing! She was so friendly and attentive, my husband even commented on how great she was. The food was also good, we had the fried combo and lobster roll, the blueberry pie sounded delicious but we were too full! Overall it was a great value and we would return!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We chose this place because the prices for seafood were reasonable (compared to pretty much every other seafood place in downtown Bar Harbor) and there were multiple seafood options including lobster, shrimp, scallops and fish.

I had the broiled scallops and it was delicious!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Recommended by our innkeeper for casual, tasty fare, we ate here twice. Great meals both times. Seafood medley was delicious, as was the salmon. For a change from seafood, try the chicken parm. My only negative comment was the lack of variety with side dishes. French fries/potato and cole slaw don't really complement everything. Early bird special was reasonably priced, and our servers were friendly and knowledgable. Have a local beer (let Diane recommend one), sit back and enjoy.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were going to have lunch at the West Street Cafe, but there was a line waiting to get in. Sooo, we decided to go for an early supper and were not disappointed. Both my husband and I had the broiled Salmon (had a choice of 3 sauces on the side) that came with hot dinner rolls, French fries and cole slaw. The salmon was cooked perfectly, the fries piping hot and the cole slaw was very good. Service was quick and pleasant.