“Don't care about quality”
Review of West Street Cafe

West Street Cafe
Ranked #13 of 146 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Re-opening early July 2017
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Don't care about quality”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had dinner there last night. Ordered 2lb lobsters. They were ok. Lobsters however are priced as a luxury item even though they are dirt cheap. The restaurant buys them for $3 per pound and sells them for $20-25 per lb. other restaurants are more expensive. It's a scam.
What made the experience a poor one is that everything else served was junk. They don't make their own salad dressings or deserts. The French fries are frozen and soggy, the baked potato is kept in tin foil and placed in a steamer and is pure mush. How about rubbing them with olive oil, encrusting them with kosher salt and roasting them.

The restaurant does not have comment cards because they don't care. You are a tourist, will eat there only once then get back on the road or the ship and never see them again. Just another churn and burn place.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Southern California
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Looked all over Bar Harbor for a Lobster lunch for my wife and stumbled across West Street Café. There was a waiting time of 20 minutes but it was well worth it. My wife wanted a lobster lunch and myself, who does not eat fish or seafood, had a wonderful lunch. Service by Angela was excellent and she showed my wife how to get all the lobster out of the shell. My wife loved the lobster and my meal was a wonderful angus burger that was one of the best burgers I have ever had. Prices for the lobster and the burger were extremely lower than any other restaurant we considered. Highly recommend West Street Café.

Augusta, Maine
“Great scallops, salmon”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We ate early and the service was great. The fried scallops were super - not really breaded at all, but kind of roasted on the outside and tender on the inside. The salmon with Mango chutney was great. This is the second time I've eaten here and will definitely be back.

Visited September 2013
Delafield, Wisconsin
“Decent food, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stopped here after our whale watching excursion. We were cold and hungry and West Street Cafe took good care of us. The staff was friendly-the customers looked mostly to be families. The atmosphere was relaxed and casual. The food wasn't fancy but we liked every dish we ordered. Their lobster special included pie and chowder, unlike some of the pounds, which made my husband happy. We were very happy with our experience overall.

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Clam Chowder...”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I liked this place, but I wouldn't jump up and down about it. Decent food, good value, and good service. I wasn't impressed with the early bird Downeast special. The lobster was flooded with water and kind of mushy. The clam chowder was excellent. The blue berry pie was good, but...folks...stop nuking the pie. It ruins the crispy crust! I like Beal's Lobster Pound's pie the best of all the places we went. West Street Cafe is good food...and certainly better than any of the other touristy places on the water side.