“Okay food”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Re-opening early July 2017
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We went here on recommendations from some people we met at our hotel. While the food was okay, we felt it was uninspired and much preferred the Side Street Cafe and especially This Way Cafe.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I first read about West St Cafe on Trip Advisor and it was recommended by our guide on Oli's Trolley. After our tour there was a long line out the door and down the steps for lunch but we decided to wait. I was longing for a lobster roll but when I saw fried clams on the menu I was conflicted. I couldn't eat two meals so I asked if it would be possible to get a half order of fried clams with a lobster roll. To my surprise, during a very busy lunch period, she said of course. I enjoyed the lobster roll but those fried clams were to die for, not heavily breaded or greasy. The food was great and the hostesses and servers were friendly.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We dropped by the West Street Cafe on a recent cruise port of call on the advice of our van tour person. Glad we did. I ordered the lobster bisque soup and the seafood fettucini...both were awesome. The lobster bisque was full of tasty lobster chunks and was creamy and delicious. The seafood fettuccini had a special cheese sauce that was as good as any I've tasted with a generous amount of lobster, fish and shrimp on top. Topped it off with an incredible piece of warm blueberry pie and ice cream. I think I gained a couple pounds and clogged a few arteries here but it was so worth it! Despite being quite busy our service was friendly and adequately attentive. Prices were very reasonable. Our van tour driver said this is where locals like to go...I see why.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Recommend eating during the early bird special until 6PM as the place gets packed in the evenings.

We had the following:

Drinks: Decent beer selection including Shock Top Raspberry Ale, Alagash, and local breweries selections

Appetizers:
Chicken wings - large very crunchy with no sauce, sauce provided on the side
Mussels in garlic broth - done well with flavorful sauce

Main Courses:
Haddock au gratin - haddock done well with a cheesy sauce
Lobster with potatoes, squash, zucchini - done well, but vegetables overcooked

Deserts:
Blueberry pie - good pie with decent crust, but not great
Blueberry cheesecake - Okay cheesecake but not very flavorful

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Would definitely recommend and hope to go back one day! Staff was so welcoming and friendly and the food was fresh and delicious!