“Hungry!”
Review of Rupununi American Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Rupununi American Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Firefly Lane
Reviewed February 22, 2014

After driving 6+ hours to Bar Harbor, we checked in to our cottage and went on the hunt for food. We walked along downtown Bar Harbor near the water. Everywhere seemed to be packed and we ended up checking out Rupununi.

The selection was the typical "bar and grill" food. The food was mediocre as was the service. The building itself is a little aged and dated, could use some work. We sat upstairs overlooking the street. Just a little bland. Likely wouldn't return here.

1  Thank Aaron M

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Ok.. so this was one great lunch. Off season, no crowd, great service and great food for both a vegetarian and a seafood lover. I can only imagine what it would be like if it was during peak season, but for this trip... perfection!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a party of ten off of a cruise ship, five couples. We were seated around a booth which had plenty of room for all of us. The waiter's name was Piotr. He graciously divided the check up for us. The food was plentiful and good, but the clam chowder was barely warm. I heard someone from another table send it back to be heated and a couple of people that had it at our table also sent their chowder back, too. Service was excellent. Menu was varied, many seafood based items but also food available that don't eat fish. Had many local beers on tap. Large area outside for seating along with a couple of rooms inside as well as the bar. I would definitely go back. Pub atmosphere, would be a good place to meet friends.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I had lunch on the patio after returning from biking in Acadia. I had lobster bisque which was rich and creamy and the shrimp appetizer - she had the beet and goat cheese salad special, which she raved about to people for the remainder of our trip. I would go back.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I chose to eat here based on the large outdoor seating area. Great spot to grab a little table and people watch in the cute downtown area. I had a local beer, clam chowder and a lobster roll. This was my first meal in New England so I do not have a lot to compare against. That being said, I loved the clam chowder, thick with large clumps of clams and potatoes; wished I had a ordered a bowl instead of cup. Allagash White was a good beer nice and cold. The lobster was good, didn't like the fries at all but I wasn't focused on the fries. The service was quick and very attentive.

1  Thank xoxlilxmissxox