“Slow service”
Review of Rupununi American Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Rupununi American Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Firefly Lane
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We thought this would be a good place for lunch because it was on the main street and had 3 pretty young women hawking it just outside. Well those young women probably should have been inside waiting tables. Although the place was almost empty we had a 5 minute wait to order amd 10-15 minute wait for food that turned out to be very average.I had to go up to the bartender to get 2 glasses of water. Then had to ask busboy for check. Found our older waitress just watching the fish in fishtank. Can't recommend this place.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We liked this place in previous trips - we always eat upstairs at Carmen Verandah which is Rupununi. This time we were ignored but they weren't busy. The food was not what it was before - definite drop in quality.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place for dinner. We stopped here and were greeted well and sat immediately. After about 10 minutes of not being acknowledged our waitress finally came to the table with a less than apologetic attitude. The place was not that busy, less than 10 tables seated. My husband enjoyed his lobster roll but my mashed potatoes were ice cold. This was the only place in our week long trip in Maine I would not recommend.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Walking through Bar Harbor with my wife, our 2.5 month old daughter, and our dog Dakota, we were ready to stop for lunch and needed to find someplace to go. We were going to have lunch at Jordan Pond, but because of the weather they were not seating outside. (dogs are allowed outside, not inside) So we basically walked the strip while my wife googled if the places were dog friendly. They had a menu by the sidewalk, looked good, so we asked (just to double check) if they did in fact allow dogs. They did, and made us feel very welcome. They moved a few things around and put us close to the heater (they took this upon themselves, was a little chilly, so the baby didn't get cold) and when they brought our drinks out, they brought a dish of water for Dakota too.

Steph had the Roasted Red Pepper & Gouda soup, and it was amazing!! I need to also say, I DO NOT like roasted peppers OR Gouda! Pretty impressive. I had the fried shrimp appetizer, which was more like a shareable entrée serving of delicious shrimp. We both had the crab cakes, and couldn't have been happier with our decision. If we find ourselves in town looking for lunch, with Dakota, I think this would be a no brainer to go back again. Prices are what should be expected in town, a little higher than the local villages, but by no means out of line with what they should be. My shrimp appetizer was $9.99, which I thought initially was a bit high for a few fried shrimp, but the serving size was incredible. I had to slow down to save room for the crab cakes, and that's saying something!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have been going to Bar Harbor for 25 plus years . And this place was the worst place we have ever eaten . The service was poor the food was over cooked and dried out . It tasted terrible. The prices where out of sight for the quality of the food the beer was warm and flat
Could have got a better meal a MacDonald. NEVER again