Poor Boy's Gourmet
Ranked #60 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were walking along the street looking for a restaurant and found the menu more interesting that most of the other restaurants on the street. The outdoor patio, equipped with heaters was quite comfortable even though it was a chilly evening. We both had the salmon which was grilled then oven-baked. It was done to perfection.

2  Thank Brendan R

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Yummy .... out lobster dinners were delicious. The cost was was more than far and the service was excellent.

1  Thank Maureen B
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'm going to have to buck the trend by giving Poor Boy's a poor rating. The lobster didn't seem all that fresh - and was drowning in a watery tomalley (green guts) mess. I've eaten soft shells before - but this was simply not prepared the right way.

Poor Boy's was the only meal (out of nine) where both myself and my friend experienced stomach issues a few hours after eating. I would not go back again, sorry.

4  Thank Spiritualized67
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had dinner at another restaurant that did not have home made deserts; my wife spoils me with hers. So, on a recommendation from our inn keeper we went to Poor Boy's. We tried two of their dozen establishment created offerings. They were splendid as was the super friendly staff. A variety of employees checked on us through our visit. On the way out, we chattered with a group that had full meals which they described as wonderful.

1  Thank Martin R
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This restaurant is a little out of the way and it's name seems to suggest a different kind of food, but don't let that stop you from trying Poor Boy's. The restaurant was very busy but we were seated quite quickly. The waitress was very attentive and helpful. Our food was excellent and there was lots of it. This place was everything you would look for in a fine restaurant. I would definitely go back!

1  Thank Rick K