“"Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake", what more do I need to say”
Review of Poor Boy's Gourmet

Poor Boy's Gourmet
Ranked #59 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was in Bar Harbor for a photography workshop, and one of the guy's in the workshop goes to here a lot. This was a place both he and his wife love to go every time they are in Bar Harbor and I now understand why.
The Salmon was really good, but when I saw the "Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake" I just had to try it. It was great, and I am ready to go back for more.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I ate there twice and enjoyed it both times. The preparation of the food was outstanding. We ordered different items each evening, so we could trade and all of them were excellent. Really enjoyed the haddock and crab cakes. The desserts were excellent, especially the blueberry and apple pie. Our servers were adequate and the prices are quite reasonable. Our favorite restaurant from our trip.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Breads and desserts made in house. Recommended by tour guide and could go back right now! Scallops, crab cakes and sauted lobster to die for!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Poor Boys was recommended by the guests who had stayed at our B&B so we decided to try it out. I was impressed not only with the quality of the food, but also the value for the food. My only complaint was that there were five us of us and were jammed into a table that really sat four people. There is not alot of space and they kind of try to maximize the space, sometimes to the detriment of the guests, but the food was wonderful and the desserts we tried - Southern Chocolate Pecan Pie and a dessert with toffee and banana which was very different. I had the Baked Stuffed Haddock for my entree which was excellent. You do need a reservation if you don't want to wait but we only called a couple of hours before we went and they were able to get us in within a 1/2 hour of when we wanted to go.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Tough lobster and under cooked pasta. No redeeming qualities. This restaurant would never survive outside the tourist trap that Bar Harbor is.

1  Thank DWKWTOO