“Dinner”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was amazing! We were in Bar Harbor for three evenings and ate dinner there two of the three nights! We had steaks the first evening and my filet was delicious! The next night we had lobster and it was awesome! Would highly recommend eating there!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,671)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a wonderful dinner, ordered the stew and my husband had the scallops! Drinks were great and our server was the sweetest.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our table of 2 had a 45 minute wait for a table, which we found a bit surprising, and had to stop back in occasionally because the front desk does not text, etc. At any rate, that was a minor inconvenience as Galyn's had been recommended to us and we needed a place that served a decent salad. Well the wait was worth it. We would recommend the salmon dinner salad and salmon entre. Both were excellent. It also helped that our server, Daniel, was great. He both corrected a misunderstanding on our part and helped with the menu. Last, on the way out we norticed a cute, somewhat hidden and small bar upstairs. No view, of course, but a seemingly attractive escape from the crowds in the event you need to get away.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Okay - so if you want a lobster roll, don't go anywhere else - GO HERE ! In addition to the best I've ever had (this set the bar for me for the next 10 days) everything is fresh and made there. The untraditional coleslaw was SO GOOD, I ate my husbands as well as my own. The chips are also made there and excellent - I should have asked if they'd ship them to us. Both times we sat outside on their patio which was so delightful that I recommend if you see an empty table, snap it up. The service was always fabulous and one of the nicest things was that during our second visit, I told our server that I loved the coleslaw and would love the recipe - she came back within minutes and handed me a pre printed small batch recipe !! Obviously they get many requests for it. We do plan to return to Bar Harbor and Galyn's will the the first and last restaurants we visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife had the Lobster Stew and Lobster Tails and loved both said they were perfectly cooked. I had Oysters on the Half Shell that were exactly as described. I also had Galyn's Pasta which was excellent.